Maple's Landing - A Harvest Moon RP -> Table For Two

• WELCOME
  • EVENTS
  • STAFF
  • CREDITS
Years ago, the tiny town of Maple’s Landing was an amazing sight. Bustling with activity, it seemed as though the land had received the Harvest Queen’s blessed touch; and it had.

Blissful life took a turn for the worse over a decade ago, when a great Calamity touched the land. Horrified by the events, the people rebuffed their Queen. Saddened by her people's snubbing, she put herself into a deep sleep and the land withered. Now, the town is tasked with saving their homeland before it's too late.

Join the townspeople in their arduous task and enjoy life in the meantime, form bonds, find love and live!

NOTE: If you are advertising an OPEN THREAD, type "OT"
REGISTER your site handle, thank you!

FESTIVALS & EVENTS

SPR. 7[10/13] | Fox Hunt
The ultimate whodunit! This year it's a little different and pretty spooky! Can the Fox Spirit be found before time's up?!

SPR. 12 [10/23] | Harmony Day
Love is in the aaaair~ 🎵 Get together with your sweetheart and spend a romantic evening together! If you're single though... well, maybe one of the bars will have a single mingle to meet someone at. ;)

Skin: toadstools, with input from all of staff!
Graphics: DayDreamer, Mona, & Half Alive Ice
We do not own Harvest Moon, Ranch Story or Story of Seasons - credit belongs to Marvelous, Natsume, & xSeed.
CAMP FOXTAIL : YEAR NINE

replynew topic

Table For Two, ic: Kent // iso: Sin Claire
Colette
 Posted: May 30 2017, 03:48 PM
quote--

ferocious tongue play

Group: Pineapple
Gold: 20410
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 338

Rep: 61 pts

Awards: 41

user posted image

kent morris • autumn 3 • outfit

"So, does eight o' clock work for you? … Fantastic, I'll make a reservation. … No, no, I'll meet you there. … Mm-hm. Yes, that's that place. I can't wait. … You too, see you then."

After Kent had replaced the receiver on the phone in his apartment, he couldn't stop himself from allowing a huge grin to occupy his face. And for the rest of the day, through his introductory classes and the pile of new paperwork Miri had left for him in the office, that smile remained until the moment he fell asleep that night.

It had been a few days now since he'd called up Sin Claire after nearly a week of going back and forth on how he should reach out to her. Summer had flown by, and after she'd opened her new apothecary his favorite witch doctor had gotten increasingly busy. And now with the news of the changing of hands of the studio, Kent wanted her to be the first to know. Aside from his increasing desires to see her more. In that, 'getting to know you' sense he'd promised time and time again.

He purposely chose a quiet Italian place, partially because it was a little more casual than the local mainstay of Aimsir, but also less expensive. After finishing up his last class, feeding Hamlet and Godot, and taking a little too much time gussying up, Kent headed out for the restaurant just as the sun was setting. The hostess was happy to seat him at the two-top beside a large window overlooking a small vegetable garden dimly lit by the sinking sun. He ordered two waters and set the menus aside.

He clasped his hands together on the tabletop, his thumbs fidgeting eagerly as his eyes hovered around the entry area. Kent couldn't help but dreamily wonder what entrancing outfit the pinkette would appear in, certain that even if he had come in a three-piece suit he would always be outdone by her.

@CrumbleCakes
pm--
^
CrumbleCakes
 Posted: Jun 2 2017, 11:38 PM
quote--

Nothing is true, everything is permitted

Group: Moderator
Gold: 34730

Donate
Member No.: 108

Rep: 134 pts

Awards: 61

Sin Claire Zeventig
Outfit
Fall 3rd, Year 8
8pm
Tag: Kent @Colette
——

As soon as the phone clinked back into the receiver, Sin Claire out let a shrill cry of delight. She couldn’t believe that just happened, Kent calling her up to ask her on a date. A date! A DAAAAAATE! Sure, neither one of them had outright called it a date but…It was totally a date! Ahhh! Sin Claire felt as giddy as a school girl, bouncing around with childish glee all over her house from the sheer happiness she felt over it.

The night of the date couldn’t come fast enough. She had gone through the week in what felt like a daze, pouring all this extra energy into the shop, but still ever excited and filled with anticipation. She closed the shop down for the night of the date, and spent that time at home trying to pick out an outfit.

This was so stressfuuuull! What to weaaaar? It wasn’t a fancy formal date, it was just dinner, a casual meet-up, so probably shouldn’t go overboard…But she didn’t wanna look TOO casual either, like she didn’t care or whatever. So maybe a little dressy, a little casual…Okay, OKAY, she had it! By the time Sin Claire was out the door, with her make-up on and hair all dolled up, she already felt out of breath. How anyone did this on a regular basis was BEYOOOOND her.

But in record time, she reached Carrot Street, and the pinkette made her way inside to the restaurant that her ~*~date~*~ awaited her at. Sin Claire steeled herself at the door, pausing to catch her breath, then calmly walked inside, shrugging off her coat from the fall time air. Thankfully, it wasn’t too crowded inside, and she easily picked Kent out amongst the small crowd (as if he was impossible to miss in the first place).

Okay….Oooookaaaaaaaay! Time to get this daaaa-aaaaa-aaaate started!

”Waiting for someone?” Sin Claire teased as she draped her coat and purse across the back of her chair before sitting down. ”Hope you don’t get stood up or anything,” she winked at him.
pm--
^
Colette
 Posted: Jun 3 2017, 12:47 PM
quote--

ferocious tongue play

Donate

user posted image

Every time someone came through the door in the restaurant, Kent found himself half-rising from his seat in excitement. He would peer closely at the hostess stand, but each time he slunked back into his chair as couple after couple were seated. It felt like ages passed between each time the door swung open, and an eternity every time the person entering wasn't Sin Claire. His nerves began to prickle – when was the last time he'd done something like this? Sure, he'd had casual drinks with women over the years, but the last time he'd asked someone out on a dinner date? Kent had never painted himself as much of a ladies man in practice, and with the way he kept clumsily dropping his napkin to the floor proved that he was thinking about all of this much too hard.

The silky white cloth drooped off of his lap once more, and as he bent to pick it up again he thought he heard the door again. "Yes, right this way," the hostess beamed, and with lightning reflexes Kent flew up, all the blood in his head threatening to retreat to his toes. Approaching him from across the room was Sin Claire, flashing him a smile that sent his stomach into somersaults. In something of a panic, he jostled the table as he rose from his seat to greet her, but thankfully the glasses of water did not topple over. He smiled back, suddenly unsure whether he should draw her into an embrace or take her coat or pull out her chair or – oh, she was already doing that herself.

”Waiting for someone?” she purred as she shrugged out of her outer layers. Underneath she was adorably dressed, a distinctly feminine secretarial vibe, he thought. She took her seat and Kent followed suit, being more careful not to bump the table this time. ”Hope you don’t get stood up or anything.” Kent chuckled, always charmed by the little winks and nudges she sent his way. "I hope so, too. She's a very beautiful woman, mysterious too. I'd hate to waste the evening if she doesn't show."

Carefully, he studied her face and noted that he truly had missed seeing her this past season. Now that he was the master of his own schedule, he could keep up with her more often. More nights like this, quiet and unassuming. "Won't you have dinner with me? I'd hate to have the waiter judging me all night if I get stood up." Leaning slightly across the table, he whispered confidentially with a wink of his own. "Besides, I think you're much better company anyway."

@CrumbleCakes
changed thread date to mitigate harvest fest interference!
pm--
^
CrumbleCakes
 Posted: Jun 3 2017, 10:32 PM
quote--

Donate

Sin Claire Zeventig
Outfit
Fall 3rd, Year 8
8pm
Tag: Kent @Colette
——

She JUST SAT DOWN, and he was already making her all flustered! Beautiful and mysterious huh? Sounded like he was advertising a movie character, certainly not her! And here Sin Claire thought she was being clever. Uguhgughugh. No no, couldn’t falter now! The night had just begun, and she was in this to win it. She. Was. On. A. DATE.

"Won't you have dinner with me? I'd hate to have the waiter judging me all night if I get stood up.” Kent asked of her, and Sin Claire pretended to mull it over, ohhh well, see, couldn’t leave him hanging now could she- "Besides, I think you're much better company anyway.”

Sin Claire puffed up her cheeks at him for being too damn sweet, gonna give her a cavity at this rate. ”Welll, okaaaay, I gueeeesss,” Sin Claire huffed with a roll of her eyes. ”Since you asked so nicely, and I’d hate to ruin that face of yours with crocodile tears,” she threw him a sly look, that quickly dissolved into giggles on her end. Okay okay, play it cool, had to be cool. Icy chill. They were adults on an adult date, had to be an ADULT about this!

So like a very mature adult, Sin Claire picked up her menu to leaf through it. Simple stuff one would expect from an Italian place, pasta, pizzas…Other things with bread and noodles in it essentially. ”Have you been here before?” she asked as she looked through the menu. ”Don’t even know where I’d begin with ordering…Uhm, if you haven’t ordered us anything first yet, of course!”
pm--
^
Colette
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 12:58 PM
quote--

ferocious tongue play

Donate

user posted image

”Welll, okaaaay, I gueeeesss,” Sin Claire playfully lamented, and Kent went to wipe the nonexistent sweat from his forehead in a dramatic display of relief. ”Since you asked so nicely, and I’d hate to ruin that face of yours with crocodile tears.” At that, the man tutted one finger in the air, trying to defend himself. "Hey now, crying on command is an excellent skill to have in one's repertoire. Especially if can net me a date with a pretty girl." She broke into giggles at their playful back and forth, and he couldn't help but laugh right along with her.

Once they'd recovered, the pinkette went to peruse her menu and Kent remembered that, oh right, they were at dinner and some decisions had to be made. He, too, picked up the laminated booklet and began to leaf through it, suddenly bombarded with choices. What would be the best choice? Was she hungry enough for an appetizer, or did she eat like a bird? He had to avoid garlic and onions like a disease, else he risk having bad breath in case they parted with a – oh no, he was getting way too ahead of himself. Was he sweating? Why was he sweating??

”Have you been here before?” she asked, breaking him out of his spiraling panic. Looking up to meet her eyes, he sheepishly shook his head. "I haven't, but I've heard a few people recommend it as a hidden gem." Sure, it wasn't a five star spot with waiters in suits, but it also wasn't the kind of place where screaming kids were shoving pizza into their faces. The crowd was older aside from the rare couple around their age, all chatting quietly over the small votive candles and fresh cut flowers on the tables.

Sin Claire commented that she was having trouble figuring out where to begin, wondering if he had ordered something in advance. Oh right, that was a masculine trope, wasn't it? That the virile, confident man knew exactly what to order for the both of them right off the bat. Was that an actual turn on or just something he would write into one of his plays? "No, I haven't ordered anything yet. I wouldn't want to order anything you didn't like!" After all, while they'd known each other for several seasons now, he had no idea what her eating habits were. Maybe she had allergies, or preferences about meat, vegetables, gluten, that kind of thing.

He cleared his throat and searched the tabletop littered with neatly wrapped silverware, folded napkins, and water glasses until he found the wine list. Flipping it open, he leaned forward to let her read the list at the same time as he. "First thing's first, maybe we get a bottle of wine? I think red is the way to go with Italian…" Though the last time he'd shared a bottle of wine with a woman, they'd shared their deepest, most secret thoughts with one another, so maybe Landing wine wasn't the brightest choice. He pointed to a line on the page listing an imported bottle, a little more expensive, but worth it to avoid the risk. "How about this one? Sangiovese sounds fancy, so it has to be good, right?"

@CrumbleCakes
pm--
^
CrumbleCakes
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 04:33 PM
quote--

Donate

@Colette
----

No? Alright, that made two of them then. Alright, soooo…What to orrrder. It wasn’t like there was anything outlandish or unusual on the menu, yet for some reason, Sin Claire felt all too daunted by her choices. So she asked Kent if maybe if he had ordered something already, taken that initiative before she had arrived.

"No, I haven't ordered anything yet. I wouldn't want to order anything you didn't like!”

”That’s fair,” Sin Claire nodded. Honestly, everything looked okay to her, but she appreciated that Kent wanted to wait for her, like the gentleman that he was.

"First thing's first, maybe we get a bottle of wine? I think red is the way to go with Italian…How about this one? Sangiovese sounds fancy, so it has to be good, right?”

”I like the way it sounds~” Sin Claire purred in agreement. Sounded fancy and high class, yet still so romaaantic. The perfect wine for a first date, she thought anyway. ”Let’s get that then!”

But still, what to eaaaat. Ohhh, which of these sounded the best to her tonight? What was she reaaally craving? Hmmm…hmmm..hmhmhm…”Getting back to dinner though..I think the shrimp pasta sounds pretty good. Can’t remember the last time I had shrimp, so I might get that. Oh…should we order appetizers too? Like some…uh…Bru…Sho- Chetta? Shetta?….Bread things?”

Sin Claire smiled weakly, yeah, reading comprehension, she could do that good for sure. And here she thought in the back of her mind, just ordering mozzarella sticks would sound lame.
pm--
^
Colette
 Posted: Jun 20 2017, 10:39 PM
quote--

ferocious tongue play

Donate

user posted image

Kent made the first leap by suggesting the win they should share, and unsurprisingly the easygoing Sin Claire was pleased as punch to agree. ”I like the way it sounds~” she assured him, and Kent had to stop himself from sighing in relief. Okay, one decision down, plenty more to go. While they waited for their server to reappear, the pair picked up their food menus once more to review the options.

”Getting back to dinner though... I think the shrimp pasta sounds pretty good. Can’t remember the last time I had shrimp, so I might get that." Oh, seafood sounded pretty delightful! Kent couldn't help it as a devilish smirk appeared right then as he playfully jabbed, "Sounds delicious. And if you have leftovers, I'm sure the cats back home would appreciate if you shared." Another perk of befriending the woman was meeting her gaggle of feline friends, as temperamental as they could sometimes be. Godot himself was somewhat aloof, Hamlet being the friendlier of his two animal companions.

"Oh…should we order appetizers too? Like some…uh…Bru…Sho- Chetta? Shetta?….Bread things?” Sin Claire struggled with the pronunciation and the man laughed softly as her face scrunched in thought. "I think it's, uh… like 'sketta'? I'm not sure. They should just call it 'fancy bread with toppings'." Scouring the antipasti section, he decided that bruschetta actually sounded delightful in comparison to some of the other heavier appetizers. Fresh tomatoes, basil, a little cheese – yeah, that was the ticket. Kent nodded soundly. "I think some brooshoetta would be a great start," he teased, but looked serious about the selection.

"Aaaand for me…" he looked down at his menu again before blindly selecting the first entree that his finger fell on, leaving the decision wholly up to fate. Aloud, he read, "The Mushroom Ravioli in a Brown Butter Reduction… ooh, how seasonal." Raising his brows, he silently asked for her approval. After all, he was all for sharing bites here and there if she wasn't picky about that kind of thing.

Moments later, their waiter arrived, all droopy-eyed smiles and compliments. Kent placed the order for their bottle of wine and two glasses. "Ah, excellent choice, sir," he replied, scribbling in his notepad. In turn they both ordered their appetizer and entrees, and the waiter assured the wine and first course would be out momentarily before vanishing back to the kitchen. And with that, their menus now gone and with no more decisions left to make for the evening, their came the next phase of this date.

"Has anything exciting been happening since the renovation? I would guess now that the dust has settled you've been pumping out potions left and right." In his usual chivalrous way, he'd let the lady give her updates first before jumping right into the me me me news.

@CrumbleCakes
pm--
^
CrumbleCakes
 Posted: Jun 29 2017, 08:19 PM
quote--

Donate

@Colette
-------

Share her leftovers with her cats…PFFFT! Not this one, noope, this was alllll gonna be Sin Claire’s. She’d get them the canned shrimp specifically grounded together for cats later. But her dinner for her first real date? nOPE, NADA, ALL HERS, THEY COULD SUCK IIIIIT. But that was resolved finally, her order. And perhaps, they could get appetizers? Like brooooooshooopdooopaloop, how the HECK did you say this woooord? She needed heeeeelp with this to not sound like a total dumbooo.

"I think it's, uh… like 'sketta'? I'm not sure. They should just call it 'fancy bread with toppings’.”

”Yeah they should,” Sin Claire mumbled in agreement.

"I think some brooshoetta would be a great start,” Kent said in a teasingly serious tone, and Sin Claire blew a small raspberry at him. "Aaaand for me…The Mushroom Ravioli in a Brown Butter Reduction… ooh, how seasonal.” he commented, glancing up at her. Sin Claire nodded, it sounded perfectly autumny!

(Though she had to wonder, what was “reducted” about it? Reduced? What was that supposed to meaaaaan????)

But moments later, their waiter came by, and they gave their orders to him, and then left shortly after. Orders taken, menus as well, now it was just them without the barrier of hemming and hawing over what to have for dinner. Just the twwwoooo of them.

"Has anything exciting been happening since the renovation?” Kent asked. "I would guess now that the dust has settled you've been pumping out potions left and right.”

”Wellll, I wouldn’t call them poootions just yeeet,” Sin Claire started with a small, unsure smile. ”So far it’s mainly been dark, brown sludge…Ah but yesterday I made green sludge! It kinda looks like toxic waste from a cartoon or something…But I didn’t make anything toxic though! Just green! And it is an improvement so far,” she beamed.

”…In all honesty, and don’t go telling my competitors this….But I don’t actually know how to make a potion properly…Buuuuut I’m getting there, and when I do, I’m gonna have potions out the wazoo that can do anything, and it’ll be amazing.”

She didn’t mean to braaaaag but, Sin Claire was far too proud of herself for the work she had accomplished so far. It wasn’t like she could borrow a book on potion making in the library, or just go next door and ask the neighbors for a cup of magic. Nope, it was gonna have to be something she’d learn for herself, and by the Goddess Herself, Sin Claire was GONNA DO IT. Eventually.

”But what about you? How have things been at the studio? Been thinking about swinging by for a quick lesson now that things have calmed down at the shop, need to get my dancing muscles back up to par. If you’re not too busy, that is?”
pm--
^
Colette
 Posted: Jul 14 2017, 04:52 PM
quote--

ferocious tongue play

Donate

user posted image

”Wellll, I wouldn’t call them poootions just yeeet,” the medicine woman protested, and Kent couldn't help but take a moment to realize what a strange conversation it was they were having from an outsider's perspective. It sure beat the humdrum chit chat he was used to. ”So far it’s mainly been dark, brown sludge…Ah but yesterday I made green sludge! It kinda looks like toxic waste from a cartoon or something…But I didn’t make anything toxic though! Just green! And it is an improvement so far.” His smile deepened as Sin Claire described her successes and failures, enthralled to see how proud she looked speaking on the subject.

”…In all honesty, and don’t go telling my competitors this…" she warned, and Kent made the gesture of locking his mouth with a key and tossing it over one shoulder. "But I don’t actually know how to make a potion properly… Buuuuut I’m getting there, and when I do, I’m gonna have potions out the wazoo that can do anything, and it’ll be amazing.” Well, that was a surprising admission! Kent had figured she was all-knowing in these magical ways, but he supposed he understood the process. While she had probably studied texts and learned recipes on paper, performing the task most likely took some finesse she just hadn't gotten the hang of yet.

"I don't have any doubts about that, Sin Claire," he remarked confidently. "I won't act like I have any idea about what goes into whipping up these potions, but I would bet that once you get into the swing of things, there'll be no stopping you." And even if she didn't catch on right away, she wouldn't stop trying until she succeeded. Just as he'd expected, Sin Claire was happy to turn the question back on him. ”But what about you? How have things been at the studio? Been thinking about swinging by for a quick lesson now that things have calmed down at the shop, need to get my dancing muscles back up to par. If you’re not too busy, that is?”

Sitting up a little straighter, Kent inhaled deeply and was ready to launch right into the big news when right as he opened his mouth, the waiter swooped in with their wine. He made a big show displaying the bottle's label to the pair, and Kent nodded his approval – though of what, he had no idea. Was he showing off the year? Proving he'd found the right bottle, what? Either way, a taster was poured for him and Kent swished the wine in the bowl of the glass as if he were the greatest sommelier to come out of the valleys of Califa. He gave a look Sin Claire's way to see if she was holding back giggles yet before tasting the wine provided. Ah yes, very good, he assured and their glasses were poured and the waiter left to check on their appetizer.

Once they were alone again, Kent picked up where he left off: the beginning. "Now that you mention it, I do have some pretty big news." The man paused for dramatic effect, straightening the lapels on his jacket. "You are speaking to none other than the new owner, proprietor, and head dance teacher at Twinkle Toes Dance Studio! Well, in about a week, that is, but yeah." He grinned widely, his heart beating with excitement at finally revealing this big step for him. "Miss Frei is leaving town until further notice unfortunately… but in her stead I'll be taking over, alongside vice president Hamlet, of course." After all, what would the place be without the little tutu-outfitted pig?

Swirling the wine in his glass thoughtfully, he added, "So, if ever there was a time to cash in on those lessons, I'd say now is a great time. Besides, we've got to start training for next year's Flower Festival, right?" Perhaps it was a bit forward to assume they would still be dancing together in several months time, but it was a wish he couldn't help but hold onto.

@CrumbleCakes
pm--
^
CrumbleCakes
 Posted: Jul 15 2017, 06:32 PM
quote--

Donate

@Colette
------

Oho, Kent seemed to perk right up the moment she asked him about what was new in his life. Or maybe because she talked about coming to see him for lessons? Either one was good, it was just so cute to see him spring up like a puppy. But before he could say anything, their waiter retured, fancy wine in hand. Their conversation was put on hold to try the wine- It was postively wonderful, a great choice after all.

"Now that you mention it, I do have some pretty big news," Kent finally began once they were alone again. Sin Claire looked to him expectantly, what could it be? It had to be super important, he looked ready to burst! And it was- He was now the owner of the dance studio!

"Congratulations!" Sin Claire clapped in delight. She had to wonder what Miri was up to, it didn't seem like her to just...up and leave. Something must have happened that she needed to take care of, but the pinkette agreed that she couldn't have left the studio in more capable hands.

"So, if there was ever a time to cash in on those lessons, I'd say now is a great time. Besides, we've got to start training for next year's Flower Festival, right?"

"Oh?" Sin Claire chuckled. "Is that so? Well, I guess so if I want any private lessons from the headmaster himself," she winked. "Also, I'm holding you up to a promising dance in a few months time in spring, you have to now, I'm making you swear to it~"

But wow, the whoooole studio, to him? It was quite the promotion! Sin Claire could relate, it was nearing almost a decade since she had taken the shop over herself (just short a few years but whatever). She had no doubt in her mind that Kent couldn't handle it, he'd be a fantastic owner.

"Well, here's to you, Mr. Morris, on your new promotion!" she declared, holding her wine glass up to clink it against his in congratulations. Of course, no sooner had they cheered did their waiter return with their appetizer. Talk about quality service here. "It, looks so good," Sin Claire murmued, picking up a piece to nibble at it. "Mmmm, tastes good too. Looks like my poor reading skills were on to something here."

"But again, congrats, and if you ever need some business running pointers, I'm always here for you~"
pm--
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options replynew topic

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
GOSSAMER Fiore Town RPG-Directory Aspen Valley 

toggle c-box