Maple's Landing - A Harvest Moon RP -> Pawisitively Meowverlous

• WELCOME
  • EVENTS
  • STAFF
  • CREDITS
Years ago, the tiny town of Maple’s Landing was an amazing sight. Bustling with activity, it seemed as though the land had received the Harvest Queen’s blessed touch; and it had.

Blissful life took a turn for the worse over a decade ago, when a great Calamity touched the land. Horrified by the events, the people rebuffed their Queen. Saddened by her people's snubbing, she put herself into a deep sleep and the land withered. Now, the town is tasked with saving their homeland before it's too late.

Join the townspeople in their arduous task and enjoy life in the meantime, form bonds, find love and live!

NOTE: If you are advertising an OPEN THREAD, type "OT"
REGISTER your site handle, thank you!

FESTIVALS & EVENTS

SPR. 7[10/13] | Fox Hunt
The ultimate whodunit! This year it's a little different and pretty spooky! Can the Fox Spirit be found before time's up?!

SPR. 12 [10/23] | Harmony Day
Love is in the aaaair~ 🎵 Get together with your sweetheart and spend a romantic evening together! If you're single though... well, maybe one of the bars will have a single mingle to meet someone at. ;)

Skin: toadstools, with input from all of staff!
Graphics: DayDreamer, Mona, & Half Alive Ice
We do not own Harvest Moon, Ranch Story or Story of Seasons - credit belongs to Marvelous, Natsume, & xSeed.
CAMP FOXTAIL : YEAR NINE

replynew topic

Pawisitively Meowverlous, Kitten + Shae
CrumbleCakes
 Posted: May 12 2017, 04:57 PM
quote--

Nothing is true, everything is permitted

Group: Moderator
Gold: 34730
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 108

Rep: 134 pts

Awards: 61

sent out to one ms. shae o'keeffe, allll the way from eston from who else but a feisty kitty cat! and it reads it curvy handwriting

----To my Sunshine Shae,

Hey there sugarplum, didn't forget about me, did you? ;) Thought I'd drop you a line, see how things are doing in your neck of the woods! Thanks again for the basket, I've been using everything in it everyday since! Shared some with my roommates, and oooh, the gals just looooove it. Might need to ask you for some re-fills, we can't get enough!

Things have been fine down here in Eston, a little humid, but oh, what can you do? Work's been killer on my feet, got a new neighborhood to go through and ooh, it's quite the walk! But hey, I ain't complaining too much, gotta make those fat stacks somehoooow~

How have you been? Hope everything is okay over there in the Landing. Dunno when I'll be out there again, but hopefully soon, am I right? What goes in the summer time anyhow? I've heard a thing or two about some festivals in the past, but I dunno which ones happen when. You'll have to tell me all about them! Hope to hear from you soon!

----Hugs and kisses, Kitten

@kylia
pm--
^
kylia
 Posted: May 14 2017, 05:26 AM
quote--

Medium Milk

Group: Potato
Gold: 2200

Donate
Member No.: 270

Rep: 6 pts

Awards: 3

Hello Miss Kitty!

How could I ever forget about you, Kitty cat?! Never!! It's so nice to hear from you! 

It sounds as though your new route is maybe bigger than before? Like you say, it's hard work, but a good kind of tired when at the end of the day you have the satisfaction of rolling in the "green"!

Things here have been very hectic, too. Strawberries are in, and they have been prolific! All the rains and then recent warm sunshine have the berries all fat and happy this year, which is good for so many reasons. 

I've been making vinegars, extracts, jams, compotes, and freezing away! The locals have also been coming to the pick-your-own fields, which has gone a long way in helping me gather the money for necessary building materials to complete renovations to the barn for the Apothecary! 

As a matter of fact, I'm thinking of maybe bringing on a farm hand very soon, to help with the harvests, and if they're willing, maybe to stay through the winter and help me work on the barn.

It's been humid and hot here, too, but perfect growing conditions for the oodles of tomatoes and herbs!

And speaking of tomatoes...

You asked about the festivities that go on here in Maple's Landing during this season, and I'm finding there are a good many of them! Since the Flower Festival,  we've had a fun Beach Party, which you would've truly loved, Kitty cat! There's all kinds of games and music and foods galore! The boardwalk fries, fresh-made lemonade and veggie BBQ was a-MAZ-ing!! I  thought I'd died and gone to heaven! And I was such a piggy, I had two blue raspberry snow cones!! My tongue was bright blue for two days afterward. Thankfully my crochet bikini still fits after all that! 

On a weird little side note of that day...I think I told you about my drawings when you were here? I love to "people watch", and when I was at the Beach Party, I brought my sketch pad and pastels just in case I was inspired, and well...I  saw the funniest thing! There was this tiny, and I mean tiny (she makes me look tall!) girl following this tall grumpy looking guy around, who was clad in trash bags, and her little arms were just flailing wildly about her head, and in this very animated, high squeaky voice, she was yelling at him, 'I give a hoot! I give a hoot!'... I have no idea what that was all about but I was so intrigued,  I sketched her out pretty well, I think, and as I don't know who she is by name, I'm calling it "Hooty Girl", and it turned out pretty good!

Now, starting in a few days, we have another festival day in the town square... this one is called the Tomato Festival! I've never been to one before, but it sounds like it will be a ton of fun! Basically, it's kinda like a snowball fight with everyone forming teams and lobing big, juicy tomatoes at each other, and the team with the last person standing clean wins. I'm on a team called the Hurricanes with Mayor Tyco as our leader. I've never met him, so it will be interesting to fight alongside a local celebrity. Cross your fingers for me, I'll let you know who wins!

Oh, I'm so glad you and your friends like the skincare products!! Absolutely, just let me know when you need something, Kitty kitty,  and I'll send it to you. 

I can't wait to see you again, Kitten! Hopefully soon, for sure!

Hugs and kisses to you, too, sweetie!

Shae

@CrumbleCakes
pm--email--
^
CrumbleCakes
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 12:59 AM
quote--

Donate

an overdue letter is sent out to one ms. shae o'keeffe, in its curly handwritten glory, and it reads;

----To my ball of Sunshine~

Howdy, it's been a while! Ugh, I'm TERRIBLY SORRY for not writing sooner, it seemed like we got SO BUSY right in the middle of the summer at work, and well, let's just say life's been taking me for a wild ride. x_x; Looks like things have calmed down now, which is FANTASTIC for me, but boy howdy do I miss hearing from you!

How ya been Shae? What's been new in the Landing? Hopefully everything is still all in one piece, yeah? Hahah, I'm hoping so! Sorry if I missed your Harvest Festival, but things are always so chaotic at work with the seasons changing- sales and switching out products. Ugh, it's a MESS! Looks like I might have to go back to working behind a counter at the store, which I hope won't be the case, but I might need to pick up some extra shifts for...Reasons. Money reasons mainly. -.-;;;;;

Right right, enough about me! Tell me all about you! I want something new to read with your cute little voice in my head~ You, the Landing, your apothecary, your everything! I wanna know it, help me stay in the loop pretty please?

----Yours Truly, Kitten http://i50.tinypic.com/34pgnr5.png

@kylia
pm--
^
kylia
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 05:08 AM
quote--

Medium Milk

Donate

Hello Kitty! http://i50.tinypic.com/34pgnr5.png

Greetings from the Landing! I'm sorry you weren't able to be here for the Harvest Festival, but quite honestly,  it may have been for the best. Someone went to a lot of effort to pull off a dastardly deed at the festival, spiking the community hot pot with something magical and powerful enough to cause quite a traumatic reaction for some of us, and there are still those who haven't recovered from what I've heard. 

Have you ever heard of Love Pie?? That is what I've been told it was. I haven't had such a crazy trip since a girlfriend made "special brownies" and brought them to a party in high school! Remind me to tell you the details sometime, but suffice it to say, I will never look at Danté Noble or men's underwear without a blush on my face! (Long story!)I think there are quite a few others who feel embarrassed, too! Festival day was wild, man! http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o530/mapleslanding/Smilies/blushu.png

Oh!! Guess what?! I got to meet Hooty Girl!!! Her real name is Lena! And she is just so nice and so cute!! I'll have to introduce you  sometime when you're in town!

Personal product changes, yes...I totally understand how chaotic that can be. Moving to thicker moisturizers, lip balms, eye creams and body lotions, just to mention a few!  Things should start settling...after the holidays perhaps? Crossing my fingers for you!

Ah yes, money...I understand how that goes, too! I can't recall if I've mentioned it or not but, I took on a part-time job at the Landing Public Library a few days a week, and I really enjoy it!
Also, I think I've earned just about enough to buy the supplies to begin renovating the barn, I'm photographing every stage so I can make a scrapbook!  I'm doing the same with the changes to the farm, chronicling my first year here. So exciting! 

Now, just so it's said, Kitty Cat, if you need a little help or someplace to stay for a bit, let me know. My door is always open to a friend! http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o530/mapleslanding/Smilies/smile.png

Sending kisses and big hugs!!

Write again soon!

Your friend,

Shae

@CrumbleCakes
Mention: @Mona Lena Cohen - @CrumbleCakes Danté Noble
pm--email--
^
CrumbleCakes
 Posted: Jul 2 2017, 02:26 PM
quote--

Donate

---- To my Super Shae,

Oh, oh my! Sounds like you had a heck of a time at the Harvest Festival! Never heard of Love Pie myself, but from your description…Yeah, I think I’m gonna count my lucky stars that I wasn’t there, ahaha. Not that I’m against romance or love or anything, but no pie is gonna make this cool cat drop to her knees that easily. Goes against my style of playing hard to get, hehee. ;)

Lena/Hooty Girl sounds like a doll if you ask me! I’d LOVE to meet her sometime, hopefully soon, work and finances permitting. We’ve hit our mid-autumn lull, thankfully, cause I feel like I can breathe now, but that also means not as much money is flowing in. Still holding out on not getting the counter job, but it is looking more and more tempting, awful customers and all. @_@ Keep praying to Phinae for me, hopefully She and Korbin can put their magic together and keep me out of there!!!

A job at the library sounds fun! Ooh I just loved going to the library as a girl during the summer, it was always so safe and quiet, I think I spent almost every day there heeehe! Course, it’s been a long time since then, I miss sitting down to read a book, but you know, adulthood calls, and I never have the time. :( I hope you enjoy the new job though!

And I’m praying for you with all your renovation plans! If I ever get a free weekend, I’ll be right there to help you out! I’m pretty handy with a hammer…Well I used to be, it’s been a while since I had that kind of job, but hmmm…Well, if you need help with ~interior decorating~, I’m your gal! Now a sewing needle, you better believe I’m top notch with! I’ll keep my eye out in the stores around here for anything that might bring your place together, I have a sense for these kinds of things.

I hope things are still going well for you and your farm in the Landing in general! Try not to fall in love with any random boys again at your next big adventure. ;p I can’t wait to hear from you!

----Toodles, Kitten~

@kylia
pm--
^
kylia
 Posted: Jul 12 2017, 04:05 AM
quote--

Medium Milk

Donate

What's up, Putty Kat?! http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o530/mapleslanding/Smilies/smile.png

Yeah, Love Pie made for one strange afternoon, that's for sure! Thankfully, I don't think there was as much Love Pie in my bowl of hot pot as there was in some other's, as the effects didn't seem to last as long with me. Some of those affected had symptoms that lasted well into the next day or so! http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o530/mapleslanding/Smilies/sad.png

Lena IS an absolute doll, you are correct! I really like her a lot! She's our mail courier in Maple's Landing, did I tell you? She's also an aspiring journalist and currently is going to UG (University of Greenfield) to get her degree.

Speaking of UG, I heard through the grapevine that we have a new professor who has moved into town. A real looker from what Lena tells me, who has a "most divine" Albian accent! He teaches history there, according to Brielle, and is a historical writer, as well. She told me his name, too, but I don't remember it. I'll have to ask her next time we work together at the library.

Speaking of the library, I LOVE working there!!  Like you, the library was a magical place for me. Life at the Abbey was nice, but it could get a little...boring...at times. Thankfully, Sister Hyacinth saw I needed something to occupy long afternoons and had me start working with her in the Abbey's library. It was mostly filled to the brim with old theological tomes, but surprisingly, not every book was about theology. While there were a lot of journals that had been kept by the clergy, there were also missives and diaries kept by missionaries. They were filled with adventures into foreign lands, meeting new people and encountering new cultures; I spent so many afternoons, sitting under a favorite tree, munching apples, reading the accounts of daring adventures! Ah, youth!

Oh! By the way...our little town has some new stores to explore when you come to visit next!! I'm very excited! My very first friend here when I moved to Maple's Landing, Sin Claire Zeventig, has opened an apothecary called Docta Froca's, and I'm thinking perhaps,  until I get the barn renovated, (And oh my goddess yes! I'd love your help, anytime!) I might make arrangements for her to sell some of my skincare and tea blends. What do you think?

Also, speaking of renovations and shopping...there's a newly renovated place over around Topaz Street in downtown, I think it's called The Cannery Place? Anyway, I saw a sign saying an antique store is moving in...oh, and rare and old books, too, I think. Doesn't that sound interesting?!

I love rummaging through old books and stuff, you just never know what goodies you're going to find! Just one huge treasure hunt!!

I can't wait to see you again, Kitty Kat! I really hope you can visit again soon! A little lady patron of the library, Mrs. Finlay, tells me there's a funny play being done there in Eston by Tevin Macon, called "You're Having My Baby, Maybe?" and she says it's hilarious! Who knows? Maybe I'll show up on your doorstep one of these days instead?!

No plans to fall in love any time soon! Haha! Unless, maybe I run into that professor guy from Albian...if his accent is as dreamy as his eyes (Lena tells me she swoons when she gets to deliver a package to him! Ooo Lala!) then I promise nothing! http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o530/mapleslanding/Smilies/grin.png

Take care of you! Don't forget 'all work and no play makes Jill a dull girl'! Remember to have some fun, too!

Love always,
Shae http://i50.tinypic.com/34pgnr5.png

P.S. I spoke to Garret...maybe I'll tell you more about that when you're here
...would be way too long and difficult to write it all...Okay, bye for now!
pm--email--
^
CrumbleCakes
 Posted: Aug 4 2017, 09:25 PM
quote--

Donate

---- To Shae,

Hey sunshine and rainbows, it’s been a while. Got your last letter, promise I did. Things have just been ahh…..Well, it’s been a time for me personally. And I finally got a chance to sit down and reply to ya. Feel bad for keeping ya in the dark so long, but just…Whoo, it’s been a crunch around here.

Sounds like you’ve been having all the fun in the world over there! Now, I know beautiful men with accents are all the rage right now, but try not to lose your head around them! That said, if they happen to throw a pretty look your way…Remember to smile and puff your chest up. Confidence is key! I hope all your little friends are treating you well, it’s always so much fun meeting new people! Especially fun having someone to go out drinking with, but thaaaat just might be mee, ahaha!

As for me well…I’ve been busier than a beehive, that’s for sure. I started getting desperate for the extra money, so I ended up taking that counter job again. Hated it to high hell, but I got what I needed, and if I ever have to walk into a department store again, it’ll be way too damn soon. Between that and our sales, it’s been one wild time, and I’ve been run ragged.

But I did it. I-…..Well, let’s just say I’ve been saving up for something important. Really important to me. Something that would have put me out of commission for a few weeks and unable to work, especially since I have to travel to do it but….It’s gonna be worth it in the end. Next time we meet, I’m gonna be a changed woman, you can count on that! I’ll have more time to write at least with all that free time, eheh.

I don’t really wanna go into exact details, I’m just getting a uh…rather minor….cosmetic surgery. N-Not that anything’s wrong! I’m perfectly healthy! This is just something I need to do for myself, and something I’ve been waiting to do my whole life. I guess I just wanna say….Keep me in your prayers, hun. Might have to give ya a ring, I do miss your voice.

I’ll talk to you again soon, I promise I will. Kitten dear has gotta take care of some mice, so to speak. You’re the best, Shae!

----Toodles, Kitten~

p.s. well, that sure doesn't sound ominous or anything, haha!

@kylia
pm--
^
kylia
 Posted: Aug 9 2017, 07:29 PM
quote--

Medium Milk

Donate

Hey Kitty-kitty!

I have to say, I'm a lil concerned about you...it sounds like you're running yourself down in whatever the situation that's going on there and you seriously need to find time to relax, my dear! 

Honestly, though, I'm one to talk! Between putting the farm into low gear for winter, canning, baking and otherwise storing the harvest, ramping up production on my skincare (they've been selling very well!), working 2-3 days a week at the library, and going into high gear finishing up craft projects in time for the holidays, I'm pooped! 

I am glad to hear that you've been able to save up so you can travel and be 'out of commission' for several weeks! Is it a trip to some exotic locale where there are cute, muscled men to serve you fancy drinks with little paper umbrellas in them? I read a book once that described something like that, and I decided one of these days, I'm going to see what it's like in the tropics!

So, speaking of exotic...I attended a Masquerade Ball! The theme was local lore and history and I decided to dress up as Phinae's Rainbow Tree. I can't wait to show you the photos of my costume. It turned out really great! 

Anyway, when I got there, there was someone dressed up as a lavender plush horse. Of course, being a masquerade,  I had no idea who it was under the horse head and they only ever said  muffled "neighs". 

At one point, since they hung out with me just about all evening, I thought it was someone who knew me well, like Lena, or Brielle, or even Garret, but nope! It ended up being a red haired teen girl whose name I never got, but boy could she dance!!  She had me dancing even longer than you and I did at the Flower Festival, so you know how sore my feet were the next day!!! We had an absolute blast, though! I can't wait for next year's masquerade...   

Oh...wait...What is this about surgery??? I just reread one part of your letter...You really are ok, right? Hmm...Cosmetic surgery...I've heard of that. It's when doctors perform surgeries on you to enhance areas like your breasts, plump your lips, or make your stomach flat...heck, even make your butt rounder, right? I know you say this is something you've been wanting your whole life but don't go and change yourself too much, sweetie, I think you're great just as you are! However, I do respect that whatever you're having done obviously means a great deal to you, so you know I'm here for you, no matter what!! 

I'll definitely keep you in my prayers and send you good thoughts just like I always do!

Aww, how sweet to miss my voice! Yes, call me anytime! We always have some great conversations, Kitten, and I love to hear from you! I'm glad to hear you'll have some time to read, or write!

Oops! I have to go, my kitchen timer is going off. I am baking several loaves of Hummingbird Cake to give as gifts to neighbors and friends this year. Which reminds me...HO, HO HO!!! Be expecting your gift to arrive sometime this week! I really hope you like it! Call me whenever you get it, ok? http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o530/mapleslanding/Smilies/smile.png 

Love,
Shae

@CrumbleCakes
pm--email--
^
CrumbleCakes
 Posted: Aug 18 2017, 04:36 PM
quote--

Donate

written in shaky handwriting, some of the ink smudged from now dried tear drops, this heartbreaking letter to Shae reads;

----Shaae,

Hhey there Ssunshine. I-....I wanted ttto write a lllonger letter back to yyyou...And IIII don't wanna bbbbring youu dowwnn or anyhinng bbbbuttt....

The surgery went well.

IIIII fffeeeell like a new woman. Mmore of a woman than I everrr have in my whooolllle life. Buttt the downside isss-

I'm flat bbroke. I have NO mmmoney. None. At. All. And I canttt work. I cccan barely llift myarms. Wrriting this hurts toooo.

But ifff I cant work, I ccant make moneuy. And my boss....My boss figured itdd be cheapper to let me gogggoo. Cccheap bastard. Immm sorrry Shshae i dont mean to ssound so negative but i just, i dont know aht to do. Inneed mmoney for rrent, and grcoesies, and hormons, and then my billl

Oohhhmygodddess the hospital bill. Iiii gotta figgure something out. Plllease pray for meee, youre such a sweet galll, and im so thankful for your ffreiendship. I'lll givve you canypdate soon!

----Lllove, Kittten,

@kylia
pm--
^
kylia
 Posted: Aug 19 2017, 05:06 AM
quote--

Medium Milk

Donate

Oh...Oh no!...Oh my god, Kitty Kat!!!!!!! This is awful, but...I know exactly what to do! Just give me a minute...

Ok, I've just gotten back from making arrangements with the farmer and his wife across the way to feed the kittens and watch over the farm for me, and I called Ladema and she said she can lend me her car, so I need only to get directions to your apartment and I'm on my way to Eston!! 

We'll get things settled there, pack you up and have you back here to the farm before you know it! Then, you need only concentrate on getting your health back because you're coming to stay with me, my dear! You have no more worries about food, rent, working, hormones(?)...none of that! You're safe, ok? It's all going to work out fine!

There's plenty of room for you here, and I want you to come here with me, right now! Ut-tut! Nope, nope! None of the little arguments I can hear forming in your pretty little head, Kitten, I don't want to hear them!  Lalalalala! (Plugging my ears). All you have to do is come here and relax and heal! After that, the sky is the limit!

Contact me as soon as you get this and I'll set my plans in motion and be on my way~!!

Love and hugs, see you SOON!!!

Shae http://i50.tinypic.com/34pgnr5.png

@CrumbleCakes
pm--email--
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options replynew topic

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
GOSSAMER Fiore Town RPG-Directory Aspen Valley 

toggle c-box