Maple's Landing - A Harvest Moon RP -> Eggcellent Business


  • WELCOME
  • EVENTS
  • STAFF
  • CREDITS
Years ago, the tiny town of Maple’s Landing was an amazing sight. Bustling with activity, it seemed as though the land had received the Harvest Queen’s blessed touch; and it had.

Blissful life took a turn for the worse over a decade ago, when a great Calamity touched the land. Horrified by the events, the people rebuffed their Queen. Saddened by her people's snubbing, she put herself into a deep sleep and the land withered. Now, the town is tasked with saving their homeland before it's too late.

Join the townspeople in their arduous task and enjoy life in the meantime, form bonds, find love and live!

NOTE: If you are advertising an OPEN THREAD, type "OT"
REGISTER your site handle, thank you!


FESTIVALS & EVENTS

SPR. 16 [11/1] | Harmony Day
Love is in the aaaair~ 🎵 Get together with your sweetheart and spend a romantic evening together! If you're single though... well, maybe one of the bars will have a single mingle to meet someone at. ;)



SPR. 29 [11/27] | Flower Festival
A ceremony to celebrate the plethora of flowery flora that dots the landscape of Spring! Along with the crowning of the Flower Queen there are the mystery flower dances where couples are paired off according to a matching boutonnieres and corsages.


Skin: toadstools, with input from all of staff!
Graphics: DayDreamer, Mona, & Half Alive Ice
We do not own Harvest Moon, Ranch Story or Story of Seasons - credit belongs to Marvelous, Natsume, & xSeed.


  replynew topicnew poll

 Eggcellent Business, IC: Phil // ISO: Amelia
Matt
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 02:20 AM
quote--


Small Milk
*

Group: Turnip
Posts: 97
Gold: 1950
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 653
Joined: 6-August 17

Status: Offline
Rep: 4 pts




Awards: 3



Philemon Moore
Winter 7
Morning
Mood: Happy in general
Wearing: (Link) just without the tie
@Rendezvous
_____


Hmm, I wonder which one I should go to first... Looking down the street that led to a few farm and ranches, Phil wondered which could be a good start to get some high quality ingredients for the restaurant. He'd need a panoply of things such as vegetables, meat but for now the top of his list were simple kitchen ingredients like eggs and milk. He was a big fan of Francaissan cuisine so having milk and cream on hand was pretty much a necessity for any fancy Francaissan dish. Also eggs were prety much even more used in meals than any other ingredients maybe for except flour so finding a good place for them was imperative before the grand opening.

What would be ideal would actually to find a ranch able to supply him every week. He wouldn't actually need too much produce considering that the restaurant would actually be rather small. However getting to know the ranchers here and having a good relationship would be imperative to be able to get high quality ingredients. Without that his restaurant would just not be up to par with his own ridiculous standards of quality and finesse. Only the best for my customers, that's always how I do things.

Walking down the road, he saw what looked like a ranch of some kind since he could see a barn. It definitely had that "traditional farm" look to it so Phil decided that he might as well go and have a look. The main house definitely could use a new coat of paint but at least it gave it some charm. He could already smell animals nearby. Most likely cows and other birds. Perfect, don't even to go all way. I already know they got what I need. Quickly walking towards the house, he started to look for the owner of the place, having trouble finding them. [i]Were they not here perhaps? I mean, it's still pretty early, they should still be doing their daily morning routine of taking care of their animals if I understand a thing or two about farmers...

"Hellooooo? Anybody home?" he shouted, hoping to get a response.

pm--
^
Rendezvous
 Posted: Aug 14 2017, 07:53 PM
quote--


Small Milk
*

Group: Turnip
Posts: 7
Gold: 650
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 654
Joined: 7-August 17

Status: Offline
Rep: 0 pts




Awards: 1



user posted image
Amelia Callaway,

Amelia had everything planned for today to go just as any other day, routine and somewhat boring. Boring in the sense that it would boring for onlookers, but not so much for herself. The rancher enjoyed working out in the fields, rain or shine and if her love of animals could be profitable, she'd be a millionaire. Maybe.

Her sole hen, Bella, had a habit of laying a decent amount of eggs. Although the rancher had not opened up a shop or anything on her property. She'd simple post a notice somewhere within town and hope that someone would stop by at some point. The chicken, Bella, clucked around as she pecked at grains that Amelia had just poured out into the trough. "I probably should have collected your eggs a few days ago.." Amelia murmured to herself as picked up the eggs and laid them gently in a basket she was holding.

As she stepped outside of the small chicken coop, she noticed that her horse, Pinta, was walking up towards the house. Usually the horse always lingered around wherever Amelia was, so this caused a bit of confusion. She looked over towards where her cow was grazing debating on whether to milk her now or to go see what had captured Pinta's attention.

Eventually she shrugged and allowed her own curiosity to get the best of her as she walked back up towards the house only to be met with an unfamiliar man. "Um. Hi..good night....I mean g-good afternoon!..morning..yes..good morning!" She struggled to strain together a proper sentence before realizing that she hadn't introduced herself. "Amelia Callaway, can I help you with anything?" Amelia carefully set down the basket of eggs and wiped her hands on her jeans before taking off her glove and extending it to the stranger.

Dealing with one stranger was simple enough, but if it had been two or more? Amelia would have probably headed for the hills. Nearby her horse lingered close, extending her nose out to breathe heavily on the recent arrival.


-----
@Matt
pm--
^
Matt
 Posted: Aug 15 2017, 05:30 AM
quote--


Small Milk
*

Group: Turnip
Posts: 97
Gold: 1950
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 653
Joined: 6-August 17

Status: Offline
Rep: 4 pts




Awards: 3



Philemon Moore
@Rendezvous


A horse started to walk up to him. As the animal approached, Phil raised a hand and started to slowly pet it's head, finding the horse quite nice. He then saw somebody come behind it. A young woman probably around his age with brown hair. She had a pretty average height but he still found her a bit small since he towered about one feet over her. He could already tell she was probably a pretty shy person simply by the way she introduced herself. All in all, it was actually pretty adorable to watch.

"Um. Hi..good night....I mean g-good afternoon!..morning..yes..good morning! Amelia Callaway, can I help you with anything?" smiling while letting out a small chuckle as her grabbed her hand to shake it. He couldn't help but poke fun at her a little bit: "Hehe, you had scared a little there, I have a pretty wacky slep schedule but somebody who classified this as nightime has one hell of a biological clock, even compared to mine." Looking at her a bit, he noticed the basket of eggs at her feet. Oh good, my nose was right as always. Hmm... They definitely look good... Nice size, color and shape. Maybe this could a good supplier.

Looking back up at her, he realised he had still to introduce himself. "Where are my manners. I forgot to introduce myself! Name's Philemon Moore, but please, call me Phil. I moved in recently and I'm opening a restaurant soon, so I was trying to find some farmers and ranchers to get some local products. Also I just looove the countryside and this felt like a good opportunity for a nice walk." He didn't want to get right to business just yet though. He wanted to take things slow today. Also getting to know the farmers was as important as getting to knwo the ingredients they sold in his mind. Better partnerships come out when both individuals understand what the other wants better (also this girl seemed interesting, so getting to brass tacks would ruin the opportunity to see just how much of a shy nugget she was.)

Turning his gaze towards the fields, he breathed in the fresh air before saying: "I gotta say, this is a pretty nice farm, the air is pretty nostalgic. I wouldn't mind sleeping out in those fields if I could... Do you run it by yourself or are there others?"
pm--
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options replynew topicnew poll


 


 


Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Fiore Town RPG-Directory Aspen Valley 
 




toggle c-box