Maple's Landing - A Harvest Moon RP -> [F] Moon Phases

• WELCOME
  • EVENTS
  • STAFF
  • CREDITS
Years ago, the tiny town of Maple’s Landing was an amazing sight. Bustling with activity, it seemed as though the land had received the Harvest Queen’s blessed touch; and it had.

Blissful life took a turn for the worse over a decade ago, when a great Calamity touched the land. Horrified by the events, the people rebuffed their Queen. Saddened by her people's snubbing, she put herself into a deep sleep and the land withered. Now, the town is tasked with saving their homeland before it's too late.

Join the townspeople in their arduous task and enjoy life in the meantime, form bonds, find love and live!

NOTE: If you are advertising an OPEN THREAD, type "OT"
REGISTER your site handle, thank you!

july 2017

FESTIVALS & EVENTS

AUT. 15 [6/29] | Moonviewing Festival
The one night of the year where the moon is at its most gorgeous and full! Grab a friend (or lover) and enjoy some stargazing.

AUT. 22 [7/13] | Masquerade
Intrigue and mystery fill the air at this festival! The villagers try their best to hide their identities behind costume finery that are not removed until midnight in a grand reveal. This year's theme is In-Game Lore, History, and Culture!

Skin: toadstools, with input from all of staff!
Graphics: DayDreamer, Mona, & Half Alive Ice
We do not own Harvest Moon, Ranch Story or Story of Seasons - credit belongs to Marvelous, Natsume, & xSeed.

replynew topic

[F] Moon Phases, ic: Jane // iso: Lewis
Colette
 Posted: Jun 30 2017, 01:56 PM
quote--

ferocious tongue play

Group: Pineapple
Gold: 19410
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 338

Rep: 57 pts

Awards: 38

user posted image

jane lockwood ☽ autumn 15 ☽ night ☽ outfit

Jane huffed a sigh as she pulled her poncho closer around her shoulders, the breath turning into a small white cloud in the dark. She was glad for the blankets and the hot apple cider she'd thought to bring along, but nonetheless she had hoped the temperature wouldn't drop as much as this once the sun had set. It was an hour past sunset, and out here in the fields far from any streetlight, she couldn't have read the face of a watch even if she'd brought one. Who knew if her correspondent was late or not, as all she had to go by was the low-hanging moon that brushed that crested the horizon line of the sea.

Following in line with her unspoken plan to attend all of the festivals she'd previously avoided, Jane had made all the preparations for this quiet night in advance once she'd heard the notorious Mischief Night was a no go. But she'd forgotten one dire detail – the Moonviewing Festival by definition required a partner. For a week she'd gone back and forth on her options. She could call up Jax and see if he was interested in some nighttime naughtiness, but it was if he'd crawled into a hole since becoming King. There was that handsome photographer she'd met in Summer, but in her melancholy state she hadn't had the thought of asking for his phone number. Aside from that, most of her other friends had plans. In a stroke of genius (or madness), she decided to put out a personal ad in the weekly bulletin, and damn if someone didn't answer right away!

A brief phone call later, she set up a time and place with the gentile man on the other end of the line. Jane had to admit, the thought of meeting a blind date in the middle of a field in the dark of the night was thrilling, something she never would have done before calling Maple's Landing home. If she got murdered with an axe out here it was on her, though. The woman pushed those thoughts aside as she unscrewed the cap of a thermos, pouring out some of the steaming cider into the lid. Stretching her legs out on the blankets she'd laid out on the field, she hoped the cold ground wouldn't seep up and freeze her from the bottom up after a few hours.

Sipping the beverage slowly, her eyes turned to the pitch black sky, the pinpricks of stars just beginning to illuminate as the moon slowly rose. Even if her 'date' was a no show, Jane felt confident she would enjoy the celestial light show all on her own.

@DayDreamer
pm--
^
DayDreamer
 Posted: Jul 2 2017, 03:23 PM
quote--

Romans 12:2

Group: Moderator
Gold: 22300

Donate
Member No.: 106

Rep: 139 pts

Awards: 61

Autumn 15 | Evening | Lewis Albright
Outfit

When Lewis had first heard about this so-called "Moon Viewing Festival" of Maple's Landing, he'd thought it was a beautiful, sentimental event that truly defined the town as a special sort of place, but when the season came for the festival he found himself bitterly groaning at the mention of it. While he definitely saw the appeal, perhaps there was a part of him that was jealous of those who got to enjoy it properly-- in the way it was meant to be enjoyed... with a date. Something he didn't have.

It had crossed his mind to call up Lena and see if she wouldn't mind spending the evening together, but he killed and buried the very idea as soon as it had cropped up. That ship had sailed, and he had no intentions of potentially making things any more awkward between the two of them. Whatever lingering doubts Lewis had about the two of them were his to deal with, and he filed them away as something he would sort through at a later date, whenever he wasn't feeling so childishly grouchy. For the time being he was perfectly content to lock himself in his room at the inn (only emerging to walk Peggy when necessary, really), and continue working on his latest draft.

That is, until something on the bulletin board caught his eye. He couldn't imagine why anyone would so boldly put out an ad for a festival date like that, especially with such little information to go off of. Even so, it piqued Lewis' interest. Maybe he was desperate for someone to celebrate the festival with, or perhaps his curiosity was getting the best of him... whatever the reason, he'd returned to his room later that day and called this mysterious woman responsible for the ad.

And so, Lewis dressed himself up for the occasion, picked up some roasted chestnuts to accompany the cider, and just when he was ready to head out his dog had to insist on going along. Of course she'd look at him with those huge, brown eyes as soon as she saw him dressing up to leave. Of course she'd whine lowly as he stepped out the door, and then as he was locking up she let loose the softest, most pathetic little howl he'd ever heard. He couldn't leave her if he'd wanted to.

Hopefully his 'date' for the evening liked dogs.

He arrived in the fields outside of town sometime after sunset, following the vague directions he'd been given. It occurred to him a bit too late how easily someone could be waiting in the dark for him to come along, so that they might knock him dead and hide his body where he'd never be found... but no, he was being silly, thinking like that. He kept his chin up and looked around for anyone by their lonesome, and he almost glanced over Jane and missed her completely, until Peggy let out a bark and veered off the path and into the tall grass, towing Lewis along by the leash. Sure enough she led him right to the lone woman, stopping just short of pouncing the poor stranger.

"Peggy, down," Lewis whispered, and the spaniel groaned a little before taking a seat in the grass, wagging her tail as she sniffed in Jane's direction. Lewis cleared his throat and took a brief look around, making certain that this woman was alone and not simply waiting for someone else. "Uh, hi. Good evening," he began with a smile, finding it difficult to gather much information about the other woman when it was so dark. She seemed oddly familiar, though, like Lewis had seen her from a distance many times before. "I'm Lewis Albright. I'm looking for, uh... a 'blind date.' Would that happen to be you, miss? Oh, just a second, aren’t you Miss Lockwood?" Yes, Lewis definitely remembered her, notably from the Fox Hunt. He paused and realized both hands were full and he couldn't put one out in greeting, so instead he proffered the bag of roasted chestnuts. "I brought a small something to go with the cider. How do you like chestnuts?"

@Colette
pm--
^
Colette
 Posted: Jul 11 2017, 09:05 PM
quote--

ferocious tongue play

Group: Pineapple
Gold: 19410

Donate
Member No.: 338

Rep: 57 pts

Awards: 38

user posted image

jane lockwood ☽ autumn 15 ☽ night ☽ outfit

It wasn't long after Jane had started to wonder at her intended's arrival when she felt the fairs at the back of her neck raise. A sort of feeling like she was being watched, and out here in the dark? That was spooky. She wasn't sure what caused the sensation, but she thought it might have been a sound out by the road. Jane started to turn her head to hear better when she heard a definite running sound.

And it wasn't human.

oh no oh no OH NO, the woman began thinking frantically as in a mere matter of seconds her body tensed and she turned herself around to the source of the sound. Some creature, wild animal, mongrel of some kind was coming straight toward her to gobble her up! Jane felt like screaming, but the sound caught in her throat as the sound got louder still, and then she heard panting, and the dark shape of a canine bounding over the fields. Sending up a quick prayer to any deity that would heed her swear-filled invocation. Thanks to her fear-induced tunnel-vision, Jane never even noticed the figure being towed behind the ferocious beast.

At the moment she was sure she would be maimed, the woman threw up one arm to shield her face and braced herself. But out of nowhere she was saved: "Peggy, down." A few seconds passed and when Jane realized she wasn't being torn limb from limb by a hungry wolf, she timidly lowered her forearm and peered up at the sight before her. A perky looking spaniel, far cuter than the weremonster she had imagined, stood at attention beside a young man who was crouching in the grass and his face was obscured in shadow. "Uh, hi. Good evening," the voice said again, and Jane finally untensed her body. How foolish she must have looked, spooked by a little pup and his owner! "Hi, yes, evening," she awkwardly parroted back, not sure if she should apologize or demand an apology for scaring a poor woman in the middle of the night.

"I'm Lewis Albright. I'm looking for, uh... a 'blind date.' Would that happen to be you, miss? Oh, just a second, aren’t you Miss Lockwood?"

Realization dawned on her face then, the rush of this whole blind date business hitting her in the face like a wet sock. In all the terror she'd forgotten all about it. Her mouth opened to answer that yes, she thought he had located the correct lonely woman in the middle of the fields when he caught her off guard by guessing at her name. "Oh, uh. Yeah, that's me. To both. Miss 'Blind Date' Lockwood, none other." Mustering up what politeness she had, the brunette gestured to the empty spot on her laid-out blanket, though she still eyed the dog carefully as its – her? – tongue lolled happily. Before she could ask if they'd met before, he was moving in and handing her a small brown bag. Chestnuts, he explained, and that made her smile for the first time. Gee, he didn't need to bring a peace offering. She took the offered nuts and thanked him with a nod before nestling them in with the thermoses of cider. They were even still warm, and the heat felt good on her hands.

"Well, seeing as my cover has already been blown, I guess it's only a half-blind date, huh?" she joked before catching his face in a ray of moonlight. Before he could speak another word, she snapped her fingers and pointed his way. "Oh, hey, I know you too!" They had met before, earlier this year even. But where and when was it…? She had been in a foul mood at the time, she remembered that, and he'd paid her a compliment of some sort, that she recalled for sure. Thankfully he'd given his name up front, and this time she tired her best to lock that name into her memory banks. "At least… we've met before, haven't we?" It was then she laughed more heartily, seemingly more at herself than anything. "Boy, we really fouled up the whole 'blind' thing, then." Not that she minded – Lewis had sounded pleasant enough on the phone, and he had brought a snack, so it was already shaping up to be a fine time.

@DayDreamer
pm--
^
DayDreamer
 Posted: Jul 13 2017, 09:33 PM
quote--

Romans 12:2

Group: Moderator
Gold: 22300

Donate
Member No.: 106

Rep: 139 pts

Awards: 61

"Oh, uh. Yeah, that's me. To both. Miss 'Blind Date' Lockwood, none other."

Lewis breathed a small sigh of relief, both for the fact that he hadn't interrupted a private event for someone else, but also that he hadn't met with a total stranger. In hindsight it really was quite foolish of him to agree to meet with some unidentified person in the middle of the fields after dark, but the Landing was a reasonably safe place... magic, love-inducing soup excluded. Feeling a little more at ease, Lewis extended the bag of chestnuts, quietly commanding Peggy to stay sitting while she titled her nose up at the bag, ears perked up in attention.

"Well, seeing as my cover has already been blown, I guess it's only a half-blind date, huh?" Miss Lockwood said, then immediately after added, "Oh, hey, I know you too!"

This gave Lewis pause as he tried to recall if he'd ever properly introduced himself to her. While he had watched her and the other players at the Fox Hunt, she hadn't really known of him until the end of the game. But even then, was that how she knew of him? Or was this a case in which she'd recognized him from his books? They couldn't be that popular.

"At least… we've met before, haven't we?" Miss Lockwood laughed. "Boy, we really fouled up the whole 'blind' thing, then."

Lewis joined right in with a snicker of his own. "Well, I guess we've been disqualified," he said with a shrug. "Hopefully nobody jumps out to card us while we're here." Moving over to stand beside Jane, he motioned towards the blanket in lieu of asking if he might join her, and with her approval he took a seat.

Peggy immediately moved forward to step right into his lap, not waiting for his permission to make herself comfortable there. Lewis flinched for a moment until she settled, and he chuckled a little before looking back to Miss Lockwood. "I'm sorry, I don't think I've introduced you to Peggy? Feel free to pet her, if you'd like, but be warned that she might decide to smother you in drool if she decides she likes you."

He patted the spaniel's head before he backtracked a little in the conversation. "But uh, yes, I do believe I saw you during the Fox Hunt earlier this year? It was an amazing show! I'd never seen anything like it before." Lewis smiled wide to himself, recalling just how much it had inspired him. It was almost like watching a play, only instead of actors there were real, raw emotions put forth by the players. "I wasn't involved, but my cousin invited me to watch from afar, you see. It was my first taste of a Landing festival." Needless to say, he was sold on the town afterwards.

@Colette
pm--
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options replynew topic

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
GOSSAMER Fiore Town Heroes Never Die RPG-Directory 

toggle c-box