Maple's Landing - A Harvest Moon RP -> Falling For Fruits and Foliage

• WELCOME
  • EVENTS
  • STAFF
  • CREDITS
Years ago, the tiny town of Maple’s Landing was an amazing sight. Bustling with activity, it seemed as though the land had received the Harvest Queen’s blessed touch; and it had.

Blissful life took a turn for the worse over a decade ago, when a great Calamity touched the land. Horrified by the events, the people rebuffed their Queen. Saddened by her people's snubbing, she put herself into a deep sleep and the land withered. Now, the town is tasked with saving their homeland before it's too late.

Join the townspeople in their arduous task and enjoy life in the meantime, form bonds, find love and live!

NOTE: If you are advertising an OPEN THREAD, type "OT"
REGISTER your site handle, thank you!

FESTIVALS & EVENTS

SPR. 7[10/13] | Fox Hunt
The ultimate whodunit! This year it's a little different and pretty spooky! Can the Fox Spirit be found before time's up?!

SPR. 12 [10/23] | Harmony Day
Love is in the aaaair~ 🎵 Get together with your sweetheart and spend a romantic evening together! If you're single though... well, maybe one of the bars will have a single mingle to meet someone at. ;)

Skin: toadstools, with input from all of staff!
Graphics: DayDreamer, Mona, & Half Alive Ice
We do not own Harvest Moon, Ranch Story or Story of Seasons - credit belongs to Marvelous, Natsume, & xSeed.
CAMP FOXTAIL : YEAR NINE

replynew topic

Falling For Fruits and Foliage, IC: Jaluna || ISO: Open
Juneberry
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 05:50 PM
quote--

Small Milk

Group: Vacationers
Gold: 280
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 628

Rep: 0 pts

Awards: 2

Jaluna Rolik
Date: Autumn 2nd, Year 8, Sunny
Outfit: A white blouse, green knit-sweatshirt/jacket, brown skirt, leather loafers.
Special Plot Item: Power Berry!

It was a nice day for a picnic, and since she'd missed out on most of the fun from the Harvest Festival due to not feeling too well, she thought it was at least a good idea to celebrate the harvest on her own- if she was left to her own devices, that was.

She'd trotted up to the largest tree in the landing, intrigued by its vast greenery that felt as if it hadn't lost even a hint of its spring beauty, even though the autumn air was clearly crisp and cool. Taking a seat by the tree, she pulled out a fruit she still didn't know much about. "I heard this is a special berry," she murmured, as if speaking to the tree itself. In her mind, she was sure it could hear her words. "And I also heard you're a very special tree. It only makes sense to share it with you."

Laying herself against the tree's rough bark, she felt an odd sense of ease rush over her even as a slight breeze tried to startle her by blowing her hair below her glasses. "I'm surprised that I haven't seen many people around here when it's such a beautiful place. Were you lonely before I came here?"

Smiling softly to the upper limbs of the arbor that she'd taken solace under, she took her first bite of the berry she'd won at a game stall the previous season. There was an unusual kick in flavor to her, her body becoming warm as she felt the juice roam down her throat from only a single bite. "I should've asked for more information before eating it...I feel hot...Like someone's trying to set me on fire."

And in a way, it likely was setting her on fire- after all, each of her muscles began to ache ever so slightly...as if they were trying to grow, trying to strengthen themselves when she had never had much strength to begin with. "It's kind of like a nice pain. I wonder if this is a magic fruit that will help me grow a little taller? What do you think it is, mystic tree? Would you like some? I wonder if it's good for spirits..."
pm--www--
^
Periwinkle
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 09:25 AM
quote--

Large Milk

Group: Tomato
Gold: 8905

Donate
Member No.: 9

Rep: 54 pts

Awards: 21

@Juneberry

Winnie was beginning a (rather slow-paced) mission to reacqauint herself with everything the Landing had to offer. It felt strange to move through the town in broad daylight, unafraid of being seen, or rushing back at a certain time. She wasn't a kid anymore, but Winnie still felt anxious the first night she stayed out beneath the stars. Old memories had a way of rushing back.

Phinae's Tree was less likely to stir up old feelings. For a Landing local, Winnie didn't put much stock in the Goddess. Phinae was like something out of a storybook, not something tangible - she'd simply been too young to remember a time with her. Growing up, her parents never pushed her to visit the free, and Winnie never asked.

Seeing it now from a distance, she sort of regretted that. The tree was a beautiful, defiant green, despite the autumn chill beginning to creep through the air. "Woah."

Winnie's pace slowed, as she stared up at the tree. She hadn't expected to have any feelings about this place, but she was in wonder of Phinae's Tree - if only because of its sprawling limbs and staggering height. As she got closer, she heard a low voice, carried by the wind. Were you lonely before I came here?

W-What? Okay, a tree did not just talk. Did this mean the stories were true, did m-- Winnie peered around the other side of the tree and sighed, rolling her eyes at herself. Of course there was another person here.

A small woman with auburn hair was lying against the tree, sucking the juice out of a berry as the wind whipped her hair over her eyes. Winnie went to retreat silently, feeling uncomfortable intruding, when the woman began to speak again. "I feel hot...Like someone's trying to set me on fire."

Woah, what now? Winnie stopped in her tracks. If this woman wasn't feeling well, she couldn't just abandon her. The stranger continued on. She mentioned...liking pain, and wanting to be tall? And offering the tree some of her "magic fruit?"

Okay, this woman sounded delirious. Maybe she had a fever? Winnie finally dragged herself into view. "Excuse me? I heard you from the other side of the tree - are you alright? You mentioned that you're burning up? Winnie felt like an anxious giant towering over her, unsure of how she could really help. "I also heard you say you wanted to be taller," she said, trying to lighten the mood, I promise, it's not all it's cracked up to be."
pm--
^
Juneberry
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 01:16 PM
quote--

Small Milk

Donate

@Periwinkle

"I don't want to be a giant or anything, just a couple inches would be nice. I just don't enjoy being mistaken for a kid regularly." With a nervous laugh, she looked down at her lap, her hand still squeezing the fruit she'd brought without squeezing hard enough to break it. Some of the juice was sticking to her fingers, however, a sign she might still be gripping too tightly.

There was a redness on her face as she glanced to the stranger. "I feel really warm, yeah. It's a weird warm. It's like all my muscles are hurting, but the warmth ebbs it away...But yet the warmth is too warm, you know?"

Resting her eyes, she shook it off and took a smaller bite than before, then gave the tall woman another look. That she was trying to check on her was a sweet thing- but it was hard for Jaluna to fully explain what was going on with her, when she didn't understand it herself.

"I won this fruit at a festival, and I was told it was special somehow. I don't really know much about it. Maybe I should've looked into it before eating it...But people don't just give you fruit saying it's safe to poison you right? So it's probably just coincidence...Right?"
pm--www--
^
Periwinkle
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 06:19 PM
quote--

Large Milk

Donate

@Juneberry

Winnie smiled as the stranger's green eyes locked with her own. "Yeah, I can see how that would get old." She couldn't tell exactly how old the woman was, but she looked somewhere around her age. The kid comments had to get tiring.

She noted how flush the woman's cheeks were, as she listened to her describe her symptoms. "I feel really warm, yeah. It's a weird warm. It's like all my muscles are hurting, but the warmth ebbs it away...But yet the warmth is too warm, you know?

Winnie nodded. Like applying heat to an injury - soothing yet also stinging. A feeling that worsened as you bettered. She crouched down to the ground as the stranger closed her eyes, taking a bite of the fruit she had been cradling in her hands. Was this the magic fruit Winnie had heard her telling the tree about?

After a few moment, the woman spoke again, and confirmed it. She talked about how acquiring the fruit at a festival, and Winnie had to work to keep expressionless. "But people don't just give you fruit saying it's safe to poison you right? So it's probably just coincidence...Right?"

Uh, that sounded like EXACTLY WHAT A PSYCHOPATH WOULD DO. A psychopath or any number of fairy tale villains. But what was Winnie supposed to say? She'd already taken several bites of the berry.

"Absolutely. You're probably feeling under the weather, and now your mind is just rushing to find an explanation." It maybe wasn't a lie. The blonde couldn't imagine anyone in this town being vindictive enough to murder some shy townsperson. Still, for a fleeting moment Winnie's mind flashed back to a memory she had almost forgotten - the time some sort of spell had aged down Connor and Dante.

There was a chance this berry could be magic, and that its power could hurt this girl, intentially or otherwise. Oh boy. "My name is Winnie. If it's alright with you, I'll stay here until you're feeling well enough to get home safely. This probably isn't anything worth getting nervous about, but I'd rather be safe."
pm--
^
Juneberry
 Posted: Jun 7 2017, 12:34 AM
quote--

Small Milk

Donate

@Periwinkle

That the woman was willing to listen to her was astounding, but even more so, that she wanted to stay by her while she rested? To Jaluna, it was an uncanny reminder of her times in the hospital- but it also was a warm reminder of home, in some way. "If you would stay, that would be nice. It's more fun to eat with others anyway. It's supposed to make food tastier."

Scooting over, she snuggled back into the bark of the tree. "Is it true this tree is supposed to be magic too? I wonder if the berry came from it?" Without thinking, she took another nibble, the juice sticking onto her face as she laughed from getting some in her nose. "Ah...I should've invited you to have some! There's not much left though, huh?"

"Oops- introductions...I flaked again." She blushed, looking at her lap and taking a deep breath before smiling back at the stranger that she knew now with a name. "Winnie is a wonderful name. I'm Jaluna...I live over on Linden Road, near the beach. I like to come out and see the different sights when I feel energetic enough. It's really nice here, don't you think?"
pm--www--
^
Periwinkle
 Posted: Jun 8 2017, 02:43 PM
quote--

Large Milk

Donate

@Juneberry

Winnie gave a close-mouthed smile. "Of course I'll stay." There was an innocence to their interaction that Winnie wasn't used to. The people she had recently been surrounding herself with weren't like this. This woman was in a vulnerable position, yet still seemed entirely at ease and unguarded.

Winnie watched as she slunk against the down against the tree. "Is this tree supposed to be magic too? I wonder if the berry came from it?" Winnie's body tensed as she wanted the woman take another bite of the mysterious fruit. Clearly, Winnie had been too reassuring when the woman asked if it was poisonous. Forget unguarded - this woman was straight-up reckless.

Winnie gave a small exhale, brushing her hair back behind her ear, before giving a composed response. "Yes, this tree is supposed to be magic - and Phinae is said to live inside it. That's why the townspeople pay visit to it so frequently, leaving gifts or asking for insight." Not that Winnie ever had.

"Ah...I should've invited you to have some! There's not much left though, huh?" Winnie shook her head, answering a bit too quickly. "No, no. That's alright. You won those at a festival, I couldn't possibly take your prize from you." Although your prize might be a death sentence.

Winnie gave a muted smile and looked towards the ground as her name was complimented - she'd grown attached to the shortened version of her name - the disgustingly ancient Winnifred. Finally, she had a name she could place to this potentially dying/potentially insane face - Jaluna. Proving once again that she had no fear, Jaluna gave Winnie information about where she lived, down to the road.

The heiress wanted to shake her, to explain that the world was a messed up place and you shouldn't keep eating mystery food that makes your body ache, or tell strangers where you lived. Gods, she'd never thought herself maternal before, but then...Winnie hadn't met someone so trusting before. "It's beautiful here," she said, stuffing down any motherly preaching she wanted to begin. "I grew up in Maple's Landing, but I haven't been back in some time - it's been lovely to revisit old, familiar spaces."

That part was a bit of a lie - Winnie hadn't stopped at any of the truly warm and familiar places she wanted to yet, and she wasn't particularly sure how happy she was to be back here. Jaluna didn't need to know any of that, though. Especially while she was sick/dying/going mad. "Did you bring any cloth napkins?" Winnie asked, unable to stop at least one nurturing thought from being verbalized. "Your face still looks flush - if you have any napkins, we could wet and create some sort of cold compress."
pm--
^
Juneberry
 Posted: Jun 8 2017, 04:14 PM
quote--

Small Milk

Donate

@Periwinkle

"The redness isn't from the fruit probably," Jaluna mused easily. "I have rosacea. I just get red faced a lot from the way my blood flows to my face when it's sunny or anything else basically. I've never been a fan of the sun anyway, to be honest, so I don't tend to notice it as much...Well, actually, I still do, but..."

Realizing she was rambling, Jaluna hid her head into her lap slightly by pulling her knees to her chest. "I'm not originally from the Landing. I moved here during the end of Spring this year...So I'm still getting my bearings. I had heard rumors of this tree, but haven't learned the whole story, so knowing it's Phinae's tree is nice. I'll have to bring an offering sometime. I've always loved offering snacks and friendship to spirits."

She stretched her arms up above her head, eyes closing as she let the sun softly kiss her. "I'm starting to feel less pain. If anything, all I feel is a nice warmth now. It's like I was given energy from Phinae, perhaps." Giggling, she glanced to Winnie. "What was it like growing up here? And what do you do here now to enjoy your days? I'd love some advice on more good places to visit for snack time or people-watching."
pm--www--
^
Periwinkle
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 04:26 PM
quote--

Large Milk

Donate

@Juneberry

Jaluna correct Winnie’s assumption, and negated her need to find a water supply. So she hated the sun? Fortunately, Phinae’s Tree was large enough to provide plenty of shade. As Jaluna pulled her knees to her chest, Winnie stood up, shaking out her legs one at a time. She had been crouched down for the majority of this conversation, and her knees were starting to punish her for it.

Winnie felt a pang of guilt upon learning that she was the first person to teach Jaluna about Phinae. Any number of Landing locals could have provided more detail than Winnie did. ”I’ll have to bring an offering sometime. I’ve always loved offering snacks and friendship to spirits.” Her natural ease with the magical and spiritual made Winnie slightly envious. Winnie had enough exposure to magic to accept that it was possible, but not that it was inherently good or dependable. Being able to throw your full faith into something sounded…refreshing. ”Are there a lot of spirits where you’re from?” she asked, craning her neck down to look at her new acquaintance.

”I’m starting to feel less pain. If anything, all I feel is a nice warmth now. It’s like I was given energy from Phinae perhaps,” Jaluna said with a giggle. Well, that was anticlimactic. Not that she was complaining – spiritual or not, most people would consider rushing someone to a hospital on your third day back home to be a “bad omen.” Winnie forced a smile, not wanting to pay Phinae false praise. ”I’m glad you’re feeling better,” she stated simply.

”What was it like growing up here? And what do you do here now to enjoy your days? I’d love some advice on more good places to visit for snack time or people-watching.”

Well, shoot. Yet again, Winnie would prove she was literally the worst mascot for Maple’s Landing. At least she’d grabbed brunch earlier in the day, so she’d have something to namedrop. ”Growing up here was...” To lie, or tell the truth? ”A lot of fun.” So she’d split the difference. I spent a lot of my time exploring the outdoors – in fact, most of my free time was spent in Castor Forest. There’s something really serene about it to me – and when I was having a bad day, it was the first place I’d run.” Winnie looked away from Jaluna, as if looking into the distance she’d be able to transport herself there. That part wasn’t a lie. Castor Forest was truly her favorite place.

She took a breath, allowing herself to picture the forest for one more moment before turning her attention back to Jaluna. ”As for snacks, I haven’t done too much exploring since I got back a few days ago, so you might be more of an expert than me. Buuut I just had a great bite to eat at Espresso Yourself, so you should add that spot to your list.”
pm--
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options replynew topic

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
GOSSAMER Fiore Town RPG-Directory Aspen Valley 

toggle c-box