Maple's Landing - A Harvest Moon RP -> Greetings from Argentum!

• WELCOME
  • EVENTS
  • STAFF
  • CREDITS
Years ago, the tiny town of Maple’s Landing was an amazing sight. Bustling with activity, it seemed as though the land had received the Harvest Queen’s blessed touch; and it had.

Blissful life took a turn for the worse over a decade ago, when a great Calamity touched the land. Horrified by the events, the people rebuffed their Queen. Saddened by her people's snubbing, she put herself into a deep sleep and the land withered. Now, the town is tasked with saving their homeland before it's too late.

Join the townspeople in their arduous task and enjoy life in the meantime, form bonds, find love and live!

NOTE: If you are advertising an OPEN THREAD, type "OT"
REGISTER your site handle, thank you!

FESTIVALS & EVENTS

WIN. 6 [8/11] | Starry Night Festival
Pack some holiday snacks or some red wine and spend some time beneath the stars! It's the perfect chance to get closer to your family (or your special sweetheart) on this beautiful, clear night.

WIN. 11 [8/21] | Festival of Lights
Bundle up nice and cozy and head out to Phinae's Tree for an evening of fun and mystery! Join the friends and family for a cup of cocoa, pick up a fortune, and participate in the candle lighting ceremony as we look forward to a year full of good luck for everyone.

Skin: toadstools, with input from all of staff!
Graphics: DayDreamer, Mona, & Half Alive Ice
We do not own Harvest Moon, Ranch Story or Story of Seasons - credit belongs to Marvelous, Natsume, & xSeed.

replynew topic

Greetings from Argentum!, Mail for Kent!
Mona
 Posted: Aug 9 2017, 05:22 AM
quote--

fErOcIoUs tOnGuE pLaY ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Group: Administrator
Gold: 5820
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 61

Rep: 153 pts

Awards: 70

user posted image

Winter 4th

Dear Kent,

Hi from (almost) the other side of the country! How have you been? I've been doing... pretty okay, honestly. I can't believe I've already been away from the Landing for an entire season... it really doesn't feel like it! It's been so hectic trying to establish myself here and learning how to get around such a large city. I finally have a nice studio apartment only blocks away from the main strip. I have to admit it's sometimes so noisy I still have some trouble sleeping solidly through the night, but all the action is so exciting that I never want to miss a moment of it anyway.

I've been auditioning for dancing gig after dancing gig but haven't gotten too many call backs to be honest. A friend of mine with connections here did give me some good leads before he left though, I just need to pursue them more earnestly. But don't worry, I'm doing fine! Argentum is a little more expensive than I'm used to but I'm keeping to a budget for the most part.

What I'm DEFINITELY not used to is the weather here, which is so ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ hot all the time like oh my Goddess. How do people function in this ♥♥♥♥? Like, here it is Winter and the weather's still in the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 70s?! And people are complaining it's COLD! Autumn was absolutely miserable and I just don't know if I'll survive this coming Summer. If I die, I want you to deliver my eulogy. I think you're the only person who would give me a favorable review.

Anyway... How are things with you and Sin Claire? Any developments there? You are a studly business owner now and all, what girl could resist? 😘

Tell Lou Anne hi for me, I suppose... Is she even working at the studio anymore?

xoxo
Miri

@Colette
pm--email--www--
^
Colette
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 10:39 PM
quote--

ferocious tongue play

Group: Pineapple
Gold: 20050
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 338

Rep: 59 pts

Awards: 38

Dear Miri,
I'm so happy to hear from you! Please excuse the chicken scratch, I haven't had a chance to fix the alignment on my typewriter. Everything has been fine here, autumn was busy as per usual but we've been able to keep up with the class load just fine. It sounds as if you're very well set up, and it's wonderful to hear that you're so close to the action. I'm sure it's very exciting!

Hearing about your job hunt brings up a lot of memories of the good old days on the audition circuit, ha ha. Sometimes all you can do is keep your chin up and never stop trying. Whenever I was turned down for a role, I always convinced myself that it was because it would've turned out disastrous anyway and that Melpo was doing me a favor and saving me the humiliation. You will find the right gig soon enough, and with all the hard work you're putting into getting there will make your success all the more rewarding!

And if you would like me to, I can write to some of my old colleagues still out west and see if any of them has any connections? With your permission, of course.

Ah, nothing like that desert heat. Now you're getting a taste of how I felt after moving east and experiencing a real winter for the first time. Give it a little time and you'll be used to it in no time, I'd bet. But just in case you, you know, happen to wander into the desert and aren't ever heard from again… I'm getting written into your will, right? I promise your funeral would be the event of the year. ;)

Oh, this again, huh? We She and I are doing peachy, thank you very much! We had dinner a few weeks ago which was lovely, and we talked about our newest business ventures, and maybe I invited her to some private dance lessons sometime. On the house. Because I CAN.

Haha, I certainly will! And yes, she does, Miri. And you'll be happy to know that she's no longer toting around that Goddess forsaken little crown anymore ever since Hamlet got a hold of it once and thought it was a treat.

By the way, I've sent along a few things that I hope might help you catch a little more shut eye. I know they helped me when I had to spend nights in the noisier parts of town during certain shows. Granted, my mask wasn't nearly as decorative as the one I'm sending along. I can't wait to hear from you again, and from afar I hope you can still hear me shouting, "Break a leg!"
Fondly,
Kent

The letter arrives with a care package filled with pink tissue paper. It includes a cute sleep mask, some earplugs, a box of chocolate candy that looks like it melted a bit in transit, and an adorable framed photo of Kent, Hamlet (in tutu), and Godot struggling to pose for a selfie.

Expand/Collapse

I'm so happy to hear from you! Please excuse the chicken scratch, I haven't had a chance to fix the alignment on my typewriter. Everything has been fine here, autumn was busy as per usual but we've been able to keep up with the class load just fine. It sounds as if you're very well set up, and it's wonderful to hear that you're so close to the action. I'm sure it's very exciting!

Hearing about your job hunt brings up a lot of memories of the good old days on the audition circuit, ha ha. Sometimes all you can do is keep your chin up and never stop trying. Whenever I was turned down for a role, I always convinced myself that it was because it would've turned out disastrous anyway and that Melpo was doing me a favor and saving me the humiliation. You will find the right gig soon enough, and with all the hard work you're putting into getting there will make your success all the more rewarding!

And if you would like me to, I can write to some of my old colleagues still out west and see if any of them has any connections? With your permission, of course.

Ah, nothing like that desert heat. Now you're getting a taste of how I felt after moving east and experiencing a real winter for the first time. Give it a little time and you'll be used to it in no time, I'd bet. But just in case you, you know, happen to wander into the desert and aren't ever heard from again… I'm getting written into your will, right? I promise your funeral would be the event of the year. ;)

Oh, this again, huh? We She and I are doing peachy, thank you very much! We had dinner a few weeks ago which was lovely, and we talked about our newest business ventures, and maybe I invited her to some private dance lessons sometime. On the house. Because I CAN.

Haha, I certainly will! And yes, she does, Miri. And you'll be happy to know that she's no longer toting around that Goddess forsaken little crown anymore ever since Hamlet got a hold of it once and thought it was a treat.

By the way, I've sent along a few things that I hope might help you catch a little more shut eye. I know they helped me when I had to spend nights in the noisier parts of town during certain shows. Granted, my mask wasn't nearly as decorative as the one I'm sending along. I can't wait to hear from you again, and from afar I hope you can still hear me shouting, "Break a leg!"

@Mona
pm--
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options replynew topic

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
GOSSAMER Fiore Town RPG-Directory