Maple's Landing - A Harvest Moon RP -> A New Beginning

• WELCOME
  • EVENTS
  • STAFF
  • CREDITS
Years ago, the tiny town of Maple’s Landing was an amazing sight. Bustling with activity, it seemed as though the land had received the Harvest Queen’s blessed touch; and it had.

Blissful life took a turn for the worse over a decade ago, when a great Calamity touched the land. Horrified by the events, the people rebuffed their Queen. Saddened by her people's snubbing, she put herself into a deep sleep and the land withered. Now, the town is tasked with saving their homeland before it's too late.

Join the townspeople in their arduous task and enjoy life in the meantime, form bonds, find love and live!

NOTE: If you are advertising an OPEN THREAD, type "OT"
REGISTER your site handle, thank you!

FESTIVALS & EVENTS

SPR. 16 [11/1] | Harmony Day
Love is in the aaaair~ 🎵 Get together with your sweetheart and spend a romantic evening together! If you're single though... well, maybe one of the bars will have a single mingle to meet someone at. ;)

SPR. 29 [11/27] | Flower Festival
A ceremony to celebrate the plethora of flowery flora that dots the landscape of Spring! Along with the crowning of the Flower Queen there are the mystery flower dances where couples are paired off according to a matching boutonnieres and corsages.

Skin: toadstools, with input from all of staff!
Graphics: DayDreamer, Mona, & Half Alive Ice
We do not own Harvest Moon, Ranch Story or Story of Seasons - credit belongs to Marvelous, Natsume, & xSeed.

replynew topic

A New Beginning
Butterfly
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 09:43 PM
quote--

Medium Milk

Group: Strawberry
Gold: 6930
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 533

Rep: 10 pts

Awards: 9

Alain Redfern

Date: Autumn 27th
Weather: Cloudy
Tags: @Koppai
OOC: Test drive character

A young man walked down the street a dog beside him. The dog was on a leash, but probably would've stayed at the man's side even if she wasn't. The man and dog had only just arrived in the Landing, so this was all new to the two of them. "We'll take a break soon Lassie, I just don't want to be resting in the middle of the way," the man told his companion, he turned his head towards his dog; even though, he couldn't see the animal.

He had been getting better at acting like he could see when he couldn't. He supposed he had had a lifetime of practicing though. After all he had been born blind, the whole reason why him and his father would never get along. He definitely wouldn't miss his father, but he would definitely miss his mother. His mother had always been there for him and had always supported him, unlike his father who had pretty much written him off as a lost cause due to his disability. If it hadn't been for his mother, he probably would've left home a long time ago.

Alain let out small sigh escape him and shook his head. He knew his mother would understand why he had left. He just regretted that he wouldn't be able to communicate with her. Not unless he could get people to help him with that. Pushing a few strands of hair hair behind his ear he realized he was getting nowhere by just wondering around. He realized it was probably best for him to wait for someone that could give him directions.
pm--
^
Koppai
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 11:36 PM
quote--

i lean pepperoni

Group: Founder
Gold: 8920

Donate
Member No.: 2

Rep: 159 pts

Awards: 67

jacob smithe
------hopelessly dreaming of mina on Autumn 27th, Y8
--------it's the mid-morning and cloudy.
------ [tags] @Butterfly

Man, what a season. What a wild, wild season.

Jacob wasn't sure if he was quite up to snuff, so to speak. “Real” life, away from the discipline and careful construction of Captain's Dell was just.... wild. It was weird, unpredictable and in Maple's Landing, completely impossible to navigate. Sure, he was able to pick up steady work (there was a LOT to fix and not a lot of people here seemed to have 'handy' skills! How strange), but... the rest of it. The socializing, the painful, painful socializing! Sure, he was a bit of an odd guy in the Dell, but he had had friends, he was always asked to dance at the church socials... but this was... a new playing field. He couldn't tell if he had anything in common with the people he was talking with, and nothing here seemed safe or wholesome.

'The Harvest Festival,' The day continued to rattle in his head, despite being weeks ago. Did Olivia still hate him? He hardly knew her, but, it would've made sense, if she did. He had been so headstrong both before and after the soup had been served. Surely, doubly so after the soup... had he proposed? He vaguely remembered proposing.... but his behavior had been off-putting by his nerves alone. Worse off... did Mina hate him? She had to have witnessed the entire thing. Since that day he hadn't seen her, not hide nor hair. He was sure she was avoiding him, although neither of them had shared addresses, or job locations, or really anything that would allow them to avoid each other... but she had to have been. Man oh man, did that make him one sad sorry little fellow. He still had that present to give her, but how was he going to???

'Yoo-hoo, Jacob! Mr. Smithe, please! You forgot something!' Oh! It was Miss Spencer calling to him from the house on the corner. He stopped and turned, meeting her eyes for a moment before she rushed around the corner, waving for him to follow. Confused, he turned to chase her down – he had, after all, done some work on her showerhead recently, although... it looked...kinda like... she... unscrewed it...? And now she was running from him?? Had he really forgotten something at her house??? What was this ????

? ? ? ?

As Jacob turned the corner, totally wrapped up in his thoughts and the idea of this mother-of-three trying to... do... something?? What did Ian call it, Mrs. Robberson him? He missed his surroundings completely. His long legs got tangled in some kind of rope, and along with the yelp of a poor, sweet pupperino, Jacob yelped as well as he fell face-first into the concrete. His teeth clattered in his head loudly, as he slowly tried to roll over and nurse his split, swollen lip.
pm--email--
^
Butterfly
 Posted: Jul 25 2017, 10:25 AM
quote--

Medium Milk

Donate

Alain Redfern

Tags: Jacob @Koppai

Alain had come to a stop as he tried to figure out what to do next. Wandering around aimlessly wasn't a good idea, so he would just hope to find someone who was willing to give him directions. Than again maybe that was an even worse idea than wandering around aimlessly. It was still a little weird for him to have to figure out things for himself. His mother had always had him figure things out, while his father had pretty much told him what to do and expected him to follow the orders he was given.

He was so focused on his own thoughts that he almost missed the sound of footsteps as someone headed towards him. He couldn't help but be a little caught of guard when someone suddenly ran right past him. He hadn't even had time to ask whoever it was if they could help him out. Though he didn't like the idea of asking for help, he knew he needed it. Hopefully the next person to come across him would give him some time to actually ask for help.

The sound of footsteps caught his attention again, coming from the direction the last set of footsteps had come from. Suddenly the leash was ripped out of hand as whoever it was tangled his foot up in the rope, jerking Lassie down when he fell. He noticed his own dogs yep first before noticing the yelp from whoever had tripped over the leash. Letting out an inaudible sigh he tried to locate his dog and the part of the leash that was most likely tangled up now.

If anyone actually turned their attention to him they would notice he was on his hands and knees, this was to keep him from accidentally tripping over something or someone, until he could get everything sorted out. Finding the tangled up part of the leash he began to work on untangling it. He figured he should at least make sure whoever had tripped over the leash was okay and wasn't to badly hurt.

"Hey are you okay?" he asked, turning his head in the direction he thought the person had gone down in.
pm--
^
Koppai
 Posted: Jul 25 2017, 10:50 PM
quote--

i lean pepperoni

Donate

jacob smithe
------hopelessly dreaming of mina on Autumn 27th, Y8
--------it's the mid-morning and cloudy.
------ [tags] @Butterfly

Jacob, blind as always to his surroundings, followed behind Miss Spencer with a huge distance between them, the 40-something woman always glancing back and reminding him he left something behind. A tool box? A wrench? What was she getting at! He was always so careful with his things – there was no way that he had left anything... maybe.... maybe not....

Before he could even gather his thoughts, his whole world began a full-frontal somersault. His legs caught something taut, yanking the ground beneath him. Clumsily, his large body pitched forward, the momentum too great for Jacob to stop himself or even cushion his fall much. He fell, flat on his face, and instantly felt the pain radiate through the delicate bones of his jaw. He stayed like that for entirely too long before finally rolling over – Miss Spencer had long since disappeared insider (likely angry he wasn't chasing her skirt up the steps) – and feeling blood trickle from his mouth. His lip was split, cheeks bruised under the eyes and nose scraped up pretty badly. He went to groan and could only sputter – out came a chunk of something smooth and ivory.

Well, shoot. Slowly, Jacob pulled himself up to a sit, still completely oblivious as he tried to gather his body and thoughts, everything ringing. When everything came in focus, he realized what had happened. His leg was still tangled around a dog's leash, the poor animal while alright, pinned to the ground due to how tight the rope was coiled up. The owner seemed to have taken a tumble as well, or so Jacob assumed, as he was on the floor, reaching around for the leash and his pet. All too quickly the guy managed to find the leash, tugging and uncoiling it at the expense of already-injured Jacob.

”Hey, ow!” Jacob yelped again, the sound of his own voice leaving his temples to throb. Ugh, this was bad. Man, he was real messed up! ”Please – here, can I? It's really tight around my ankle, Sir.” Jacob informed him before taking the looped end of the leash and gently working it through the small gap between his trousers and the rest of the lead. It was free with a little bit of work. ”Really, reallly sorry. I am. I'm really sorry,” Jacob tried to say, unable to gather all his thoughts. Every time he tried to make a sentence, it seemed fine in his head and then came out a jumbled, weird mess.

'Hey, are you okay...?'
”...I can't really be sure, truly,” Jacob said, wincing at his own impossibly loud voice. In truth, he was speaking at a normal volume, but his brain just couldn't let the sound go. He reached back and rubbed his neck gently, feeling the muscles tightening painfully. ”My head is ringing and I can't think stra- oh.” As his tongue touched the front of his teeth to make the thh sound, he winced.. Half of his tongue met a hard wall of tooth; the other, on the left side, poked through a brand new little gap, ragged and uneven. The light pressure left him in slight pain, even. ”Can you look in my mouth?” Jacob asked, his fall-addled brain not processing just how weird that sounded. ”Something is wrong with my mouth. I think my mouth is missing. Maybe just a part of it.” He explained, forgetting the word for 'tooth' entirely. Someone needed to get this man to a hospital.
pm--email--
^
Butterfly
 Posted: Jul 26 2017, 02:27 AM
quote--

Medium Milk

Donate

Alain Redfern

Tags: Jacob @Koppai

Maybe Alain shouldn't have been standing around, but he was still debating what to do. Debating rather he should just go back to his aimless wandering or just stay in this one spot. Whatever the decision, he hoped it didn't mean he would be in anyone's way. He was stiff recovering from someone just rushing past him, that he missed the fact that another person was coming towards him until it was to late.

Before he could do anything, not that he would've known which direction to go anyway was to avoid the person, the leash was ripped forcefully out of his hand as someone tripped over it. The sound of the person hitting the ground made him react. He didn't realize the person's leg or legs might be tangled up in the leash, so he had gotten to work on untangling the leash.

”Hey, ow!” He had been so focused on trying to get the leash untangled that the sound of the other males voice made himself start in surprise. He chastised himself for not being more aware of his surroundings, and promised himself he would do better. With him being blind it wouldn't do him any good to not be aware of his surroundings.

"Sorry," was his instanct response, though he wasn't exactly sure what he was apologizing for. He always had a tendency to apologize without thinking. ”Please – here, can I? It's really tight around my ankle, Sir.” Hearing the guy speak again he nodded. "Yeah sorry go ahead, I didn't realize you were also tangled up," he said, letting the guy deal with untangling the leash from around his leg. Once the leash was no longer tangled up Lassie got up and came back to her masters side.

He pated his dogs side before deciding he should see if the man was okay. But before he could the man spoke. "Really, reallly sorry. I am. I'm really sorry,” He waved of the others apology. "Oh no it's fine really, I shouldn't have just been standing there in.....wait are we in the middle of the street? If so I'm sorry, it's no wonder you ran into us if I was just standing in the street like some idiot."

”...I can't really be sure, truly,” He couldn't help but be a little worried when the other male finally answered his question. The young man wasn't sure it that was a good thing or a bad thing. ”My head is ringing and I can't think stra- oh.” As the other male continued talking he became even more worried.

"That can't be good," he said, unable to hide his concern. ”Can you look in my mouth?” He turned his head towards the side as he heard the other males request. He was hoping he would be able to go for a little longer without having to bring his lack of eyesight to attention. He opened his mouth to admit to being blind when the other male spoke.

”Something is wrong with my mouth. I think my mouth is missing. Maybe just a part of it.” For once he actually wasn't sure what to say. The statement was weird and at first he was pretty sure he had misheard him. Surely he wasn't that tired. For a few seconds he just blinked before coming back to his senses, remembering what he had been about to say.

"That's quite impossible, I'm completely blind. I do believe we should get you to a doctor though, you might have a concussion," he said, running a hand through his way. He was always a little worried that people may treat him like he was useless when they realized he couldn't see, just like his father. The problem with getting him to a doctor though was that he was in an unfamiliar place and didn't know where the clinic would be.
pm--
^
Mona
 Posted: Aug 1 2017, 06:46 PM
quote--

fErOcIoUs tOnGuE pLaY ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Group: Administrator
Gold: 8710

Donate
Member No.: 61

Rep: 157 pts

Awards: 73

It was another morning, another pile of mail to deliver. While usually Lena looked so forward to this part of her day, as it offered opportunities to interact with folks and maybe find out something interesting about them, she was instead consumed with the weight of homework that awaited her back at the office. The semester was half over at this point, the first eight weeks quickly dissolving into the other eight. The final eight. The weeks she really had to ramp up her game to secure a passing grade. If it continued going as it had thus far then... well, repeating all of these classes was definitely on the horizon.

It sucked.

What sucked most about it was that most of it was out of her control. Could she help that there wasn't pulse pumping news flying out of Maple's Landing at every opportunity? How could her investigative reporting on a dairy farm allegedly watering down their products compare to a classmate of hers who had busted a smuggling operation wide open in Greenfield?! No one cared about her article after that, and that's even assuming they'd cared at all in the first place (she still was pretty proud of the title though "Way Too Much Whey In Ms. Tuffet's Curds? More Likely Than You Think"). She only had so much time, and she had to work for a living unlike a lot of her silver spooned, well connected classmates, so it was impossible for her to devote the time necessary to get to the real meat and bones of the town. The Landing had to be full of seedy secrets, right? Right?!

Rounding the corner, Lena sighed as she dismissed the idea entirely. About the only 'seedy' thing about the town was Tycho's preference for tea, and considering Greenfield's mayor was openly coy about his mistresses to the public no one would give one hooey about a single mayor sipping tea with an equally single lady. It was utterly hopeless!

Until she heard a masculine voice cry out in pain. THAT could be newsworthy!

Charging back toward the direction the cry had come from, letter's flying out of her unsealed tote (oops), Lena emerged into the street with notepad and pen in hand, ready to scribble down the juicy details... until she realized she needed to perhaps be a bit more stealthy. Backing up against a lamppost she began scribbling down furious notes. There were two men and a dog, one of the men was on the ground, tangled up in the dog's lead, nursing what appeared to be a pretty bad lip wound. The other man, presumably the dog's owner, was towering over the injured man, definitely holding the balance of power in this situation.

Was this... a brawl? Maybe it was over the same girl? It always seemed to be the case in this town. Falling in and out of relationships and, uh, hook ups were a near daily occurrence if the letters she'd comb through on a daily basis were any indication. Lena scribbled down the words 'OVER GIRL??? SORT OUT WITH FISTS????' before looking up again, and the standing guy was... helping get the leash untwisted around fallen man's ankles.

Oh.

Lena looked at the situation dully, the journalistic excitement that had once filled her collapsing completely. Well, it was a bust for her professionally, sure, but on a personal level she was glad they weren't fighting. It was a weird tug of war she constantly had with herself, but that was neither here nor there now. Approaching the men now, she kept a good four or so feet back, observing the conversation...

”Something is wrong with my mouth. I think my mouth is missing. Maybe just a part of it.”

Ooooookay. That was a little weird to say.

"That's quite impossible, I'm completely blind. I do believe we should get you to a doctor though, you might have a concussion."

Wow, okay... Lots of information here but this guy knew his medical stuff, apparently! If the guy with the "missing mouth" was concussed as he had said they would need a guide to the clinic, right? Not to doubt the man with a guide dog and all but Lena was always willing to help others if she could. "Hey! I, uh, can lead you to the clinic." She interjected, taking a few steps forward to close the awkward gap. "Don't mean to interrupt or anything I was just watching..." No, Lena, that sounds REALLY weird. "... I mean, just passing through on my delivery route and it seems like you guys could use some help? It's not that far from here and I'm pretty sure I have a delivery there anyway and I'd hate to leave you guys lost. Buuuut if you don't want my help that's fine! Just thought I'd offer!"

@Koppai @Butterfly
pm--email--www--
^
Koppai
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 09:14 PM
quote--

i lean pepperoni

Donate

jacob smithe
------ [tags] @Butterfly, @Mona

Alain's question – 'Wait, are we in the middle of the street?' – would've been odd, if poor Jacob had been aware of anything at all. His brain was so rattled and shaken that he could barely focus on anything. His head felt like it'd been stuffed full of cotton, or that he was a stuffed animal, or maybe that his brain had sprouted arms and legs and had been up in a club for a year. He couldn't decide which was the most accurate description, since every feeling was cycling through every few minutes.

As he talked, it was increasingly clear to him that something was wrong. Was it his head? Or was it his mouth? The pain that spread from his chin to his jaw was incredible. It just vibrated, constantly, new waves of fiery pain following on the heels of the last. As his tongue helped form the words, he found a new source of hurt – the chip in his front tooth, all the way to the nerve slightly exposed. Any time his tongue pressed on it he felt it, like a button, cause a sharp, breathtaking pain.

”Something is wrong with my mouth.” He announced, very matter-of-factly, before continuing with something absurd. ”I think my mouth is missing. Maybe just a part of it.” Jacob finished that train of thought by broadly opening his mouth for Alain to peer inside. 'That's... quite impossible, I'm completely blind. I do believe we should get you to a doctor though, you might have a concussion.'

Yeah, maybe. Sure, why not! Jacob nodded enthusiastically, agreeing with whatever this guy had said. Something about concessions? Gosh, he sounded so far away. ”Yeah, that's fine we can get something to drink later. But can you check on my mouth?” He asked again, apparently not retaining a single thing he'd said – Jacob opened his mouth again, this time putting his fingers into his mouth and pulling his cheeks as if that would help.

'I can lead you to the clinic.' Jacob turned slowly, trying to follow the sound of the voice approaching them. Whomever it belonged to, my goodness, it was heavenly.

She approached in slow motion, the cloudy skies parting for a brief moment behind her; Capyiat's Light filtered in behind her, igniting the back of her head with a glorious halo of brightness. Her chestnut hair was brightly lit, shining like a heavy over-laden beacon of hope, her green eyes projecting incredible kindness and warmth. Jacob, with his fingers still in his mouth and now facing this perfect cherub, felt himself go slackjawed, eyes likely floating in different directions while he tried to focus in on this glorious gift from above. 'I mean, just passing through on my delivery route and it seems like you guys could use some help? It's not that far from here and I'm pretty sure I have a delivery there anyway, and I'd hate to leave you guys lost. Buuut, if you don't want my help that's fine. Just thought I'd offer!'

Jacob still had his fingers in his mouth. ”Ah yaw, o'cowse, I hink iye ousse ihhs ssisshing shomm-shin, ann shish aye wanns hoo geeh shaw chonsheshhins. Yime JAAAAY-CAH.”

Nailed it.
pm--email--
^
Butterfly
 Posted: Aug 12 2017, 10:08 AM
quote--

Medium Milk

Donate

Alain Redfern

Tags: Jacob @Koppai, Lena @Mona

Alain didn't know anyone else was around, so he didn't know anyone was watching them. He was more worried about the other male to wonder if anyone else was around. The fact the other male wasn't making sense lead him to believe he probably had a concussion, which wouldn't be good. ”Yeah, that's fine we can get something to drink later. But can you check on my mouth?”

Yeah the other male definitely needed to go see a doctor, because he had already admitted to being blind. He doubted pointing it out again would get them anywhere. It seemed that only part of what he was saying was getting through to him. Before he could figure out what to do, the sound of approaching footsteps caught his attention and he turned towards the sound.

"Hey! I, uh, can lead you to the clinic." He was a little relieved when he heard what the new person had to say. He doubted he would've been able to get the other male to the clinic on his own with him being new, on top of being blind. She started speaking again before he could speak though. "Don't mean to interrupt or anything I was just watching...... I mean, just passing through on my delivery route and it seems like you guys could use some help? It's not that far from here and I'm pretty sure I have a delivery there anyway and I'd hate to leave you guys lost. Buuuut if you don't want my help that's fine! Just thought I'd offer!"

He didn't miss her slip up, and he wondered just what she had been about to say. It almost sounded like she was about to admit spying on them before correcting herself. He decided he was just overthinking things and just decided to let it slide. It wasn't really any of his business anyway. And she would've told them straight up if it was something she had wanted them to know. At least that is what he told himself.

"No your help would be much appreciated. I only just arrived, so I don't really know my way around," he admitted before turning his attention back to Jacob. Once again the other male said something that made little to no sense. He turned his head towards the newcomer wondering if she was able to figure out what he was trying to say. Besides he hesitated in asking in case she did and thought he was an idiot for not being able to figure it out.

Turning his head back in the direction of Jacob figuring it would be best if they got moving. "Here I'll help you up, and you can lean on me for support." he suggested, extending his hand in the direction he had heard Jacob's voice. He was hoping the other male would take him up on his offer, because he doubted the other male could stand or walk on his own without falling back down. Though he was pretty much just assuming this from having heard him speak
pm--
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options replynew topic

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Fiore Town RPG-Directory Aspen Valley 

toggle c-box