Maple's Landing - A Harvest Moon RP -> Mementos

• WELCOME
  • EVENTS
  • STAFF
  • CREDITS
Years ago, the tiny town of Maple’s Landing was an amazing sight. Bustling with activity, it seemed as though the land had received the Harvest Queen’s blessed touch; and it had.

Blissful life took a turn for the worse over a decade ago, when a great Calamity touched the land. Horrified by the events, the people rebuffed their Queen. Saddened by her people's snubbing, she put herself into a deep sleep and the land withered. Now, the town is tasked with saving their homeland before it's too late.

Join the townspeople in their arduous task and enjoy life in the meantime, form bonds, find love and live!

NOTE: If you are advertising an OPEN THREAD, type "OT"
REGISTER your site handle, thank you!

FESTIVALS & EVENTS

SPR. 7[10/13] | Fox Hunt
The ultimate whodunit! This year it's a little different and pretty spooky! Can the Fox Spirit be found before time's up?!

SPR. 12 [10/23] | Harmony Day
Love is in the aaaair~ 🎵 Get together with your sweetheart and spend a romantic evening together! If you're single though... well, maybe one of the bars will have a single mingle to meet someone at. ;)

Skin: toadstools, with input from all of staff!
Graphics: DayDreamer, Mona, & Half Alive Ice
We do not own Harvest Moon, Ranch Story or Story of Seasons - credit belongs to Marvelous, Natsume, & xSeed.
CAMP FOXTAIL : YEAR NINE

replynew topic

Mementos, closed// phil
Matt
 Posted: Oct 8 2017, 03:34 AM
quote--

Small Milk

Group: Turnip
Gold: 1800
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 653

Rep: 2 pts

Awards: 1

Philemon Moore
Spring 1st
Late Evening

As the last snowflakes of winter had fallen, Philemon stared out of his window from the modest apartment on top of his restaurant. He honestly didn't feel so great these days, considering he had had to forget trying to go back home for the holidays. His schedule simply didn't permit it sadly. Watching the mounds of white snow outside in his yard, he slowly sipped on a glass of scotch he had opened for the new year. To try and lessen his loneliness, the radio was playing whatever song was popular these days.

He had obviously received cards from his family. Apparently, he was going to be an uncle pretty damn soon. Probably in only a few weeks. But still, it felt strange to not spend those days with people you love. This overall feeling of melancholy and sadness made Phil continue to think back to his "good old'" days back when he traveled from Francaisse to Indore, working as a chef who would stay only a few months in a country before moving along. It was pretty impressive he had been able to do that considering he didn't even technically take any classes relating to the restaurant business . He truly had been blessed to have the talent and connections to become the chef he is today.

... No.

Not getting to see his family was sad yes, but in all honesty, that was hardly the reason. He only told himself that at first since the real reason behind his sorrow was still painful to simply think actively about.

It's because of her. He remembered the way she would talk, the way she smelled... Even down to the way she'd tap her fingers on the counter when nobody would enter the restaurant. He remembered the sensation of her hands as she would drag him through the city to show him around. Her small body pressed against as her face would look up to his.

Suddenly however, his body tensed up as he came to a realization. He almost felt the urge to vomit from what was nothing short of an imaginary punch to the stomach filled with self-hate.

He couldn't remember her face.

Rushing to bedroom, he frantically pulled each drawer on his desk, trying to find "it". It had to be somewhere! NO! This isn't happening! How could I even forget anything about her? I-I mean, after what I did... Shaking his head, trying not to think to much on that last thought, he continued looking everywhere in his bedroom.

Five minutes later and now feeling five times worse than at first, he sat on the bed, unable to accept what was happening. He had lost her photo. The one thing he KNEW he'd never be able to throw away. How could it be gone? The immense feeling of emptiness which was starting to set in was slowly make his legs feel weak, his arms heavy, his fingers shaky, his vision blurry.

No! This is impossible! No way I threw it away!

Subconsciously knowing he had to continue doing something otherwise he'd simply stay there sulking, he continued searching every nook and cranny in the house, with the small hope he'd actually find it.

pm--
^
Matt
 Posted: Oct 10 2017, 10:16 PM
quote--

Small Milk

Group: Turnip
Gold: 1800
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 653

Rep: 2 pts

Awards: 1

3 years ago...

If there's one thing that I remember without a doubt, it's the heat. It almost felt like I walked inside of oven set to "broil". For five days then I was travelling through Indore, that day being the day I started working at the restaurant which in only two months, I'd become sous-chef in.

The place was pretty big looking from the outside. A modest sign was outside displaying proudly the name of the restaurant (of course at the time I was still pretty abysmal in indorian so to me it looked like a bunch of rubbish.) The rust on the corners almost felt like a medal of honor more than a sign of weakness for this little hole in the wall. All in all, the place was pretty legit. I could smell the spices from the other side of the street, although that wasn't very hard for me even back then. Quickly shuffling through the bustling street, nearly being hit at every step without one of the drivers even batting an eye. Letting myself recuperate a bit before entering, I peeked out the window to see that the restaurant was pretty empty (most likely closed during lunchtime.)

However, it seemed that someone WAS inside as I noticed a shadow quickly head for the door. I barely had time to turn my head as i noticed a young woman staring right at me... Or should I say, at my hair.

pm--
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options replynew topic

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
GOSSAMER Fiore Town RPG-Directory Aspen Valley 

toggle c-box