Maple's Landing - A Harvest Moon RP -> Down the Rabbit Hole...Shae visits Docta Froca's

• WELCOME
  • EVENTS
  • STAFF
  • CREDITS
Years ago, the tiny town of Maple’s Landing was an amazing sight. Bustling with activity, it seemed as though the land had received the Harvest Queen’s blessed touch; and it had.

Blissful life took a turn for the worse over a decade ago, when a great Calamity touched the land. Horrified by the events, the people rebuffed their Queen. Saddened by her people's snubbing, she put herself into a deep sleep and the land withered. Now, the town is tasked with saving their homeland before it's too late.

Join the townspeople in their arduous task and enjoy life in the meantime, form bonds, find love and live!

NOTE: If you are advertising an OPEN THREAD, type "OT"
REGISTER your site handle, thank you!

FESTIVALS & EVENTS

SPR. 7[10/13] | Fox Hunt
The ultimate whodunit! This year it's a little different and pretty spooky! Can the Fox Spirit be found before time's up?!

SPR. 12 [10/23] | Harmony Day
Love is in the aaaair~ 🎵 Get together with your sweetheart and spend a romantic evening together! If you're single though... well, maybe one of the bars will have a single mingle to meet someone at. ;)

Skin: toadstools, with input from all of staff!
Graphics: DayDreamer, Mona, & Half Alive Ice
We do not own Harvest Moon, Ranch Story or Story of Seasons - credit belongs to Marvelous, Natsume, & xSeed.
CAMP FOXTAIL : YEAR NINE

replynew topic

Down the Rabbit Hole...Shae visits Docta Froca's
kylia
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 02:15 PM
quote--

Medium Milk

Group: Potato
Gold: 2200
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 270

Rep: 6 pts

Awards: 3

As Shae made her way down the street, she took in the crisp evening air and deepening colors of twilight. Turning the corner, a lovely scent slowly began capturing her attention. Shae sniffed, following the captivating scent of apples, vanilla, cinnamon and...something she couldn't quite identify...it was wonderful whatever it was, warm and sweet...like apple pie maybe? Yet different.

Coming to the corner of Topaz Street,  she continued to sniff, tracking the tantalizing odor until she came to a very shadowy alleyway. Stopping only a moment, she saw a wrought iron sign saying, "This way...", and immediately continued on, feeling much like the young girl from an old story about following a befuzzled, perturbed white rabbit down a very long rabbit hole only to discover a whole new and magical world of amazing and bizarre creatures and things. 

As she approached the end of the narrow lane, she saw a very old, very dark and forbidding wooden door. Looking up, above the door, she saw several candles of various sizes illuminating a wooden sign below it that read:

DOCTA FROCA'S

Hesitantly, Shae turned the knob. The old oak door slowly fell open,  creaking upon its rusted hinges, almost as if it were warning the intruder to stay away, or proceed at their own peril. 

The room within was lit only by a few candles, making it hard to see. Holding on tenatively to the old brass handle, she stepped slowly through and into the shadowy semi-darkness. 

As her eyes adjusted, she was first drawn to a variety of dolls, some of them plain, others very elaborate, several with large hat pins protruding from their abdomens in various configurations, a sign proclaimed them to be Voodoo Dolls.

As she wandered her way around the shop, she saw a counter, half wood, half glass, with several shelves of small bottles, all various colors and shapes, inside the glass display, seemingly lit from within, they glowed on their own. 

On a far wall, a large cabinet held all sorts of strange, odd objects, more candles and some books. As she stood, trying to take it all in, she felt warm breath on the back of her neck, as "Can I help you?" was whispered softly in her ear.

Shae swung around quickly, totally freaked out, only to see Sin Claire Zeventig holding a candelabra, grinning mischievously from ear to ear.

"Sin Claire? Is that you?" Shae gasped, her hand splayed over her chest protectively, "What in the...what the heck?! You nearly scared me to death, creeping up behind me like that!" Shae smiled then, a halfway grin, as she began to get her equal librium back a little.

Sin Claire was decked out in what could only be described as dark robes of some kind...like, maybe witches robes? Whatever they were, they definitely added to the mystical, magical vibe this store seemed to ooze from its every pore.

"Amazing!!" she said, her voice low, incredulous, "Is..Is this your store then? It's truly amazing! Is your new apothecary here, too?" 

@CrumbleCakes
pm--email--
^
CrumbleCakes
 Posted: Jul 2 2017, 02:15 PM
quote--

Nothing is true, everything is permitted

Group: Moderator
Gold: 34730

Donate
Member No.: 108

Rep: 134 pts

Awards: 61

Sin Claire Zeventig
Outfit
Mid Autumn, Year 8
Evening
Tag: Shae @kylia
------

Autumn was in full swing now, and the shop, while a little hectic at the beginning, had finally settled, as had Sin Claire’s life, almost. It felt like she had traded one thing for another, shop preparations for life-changing-events preparations. But, in the end, it was totally fine in her opinion. Better to be busy than to hit a lull, and by Phinae, there’d be no lulls here!

Sin Claire was just lighting up some extra candles when she heard the front door creak open, announcing the arrival of a customer! Excellent! Candles lit, Sin Claire picked up the candelabra without really thinking about it, and sought out her wayward guest. Easy enough to find them, standing around the middle of the shop like a deer caught in the headlights, attention fully focused on the trinkets and odds and ends on the shelves…

Too perfect.

With careful, precise steps, she snuck up behind them, and in a sweet whisper said, ”Can I help you?”

She stepped back as her guest all but leapt out of their skin, whirling around to face her. A pretty face, long red hair, green eyes- Oh! Well well well, what a surprise she had here!

"Sin Claire? Is that you? What in the...what the heck?! You nearly scared me to death, creeping up behind me like that!” Shae gasped and squeaked.

”For your sake, I would hope it’s me!” Sin Claire snickered. ”Welcome~”

Amazing!! Is..Is this your store then? It's truly amazing! Is your new apothecary here, too?”

”Yes yes, it is!” Sin Claire nodded enthusiastically. ”You must come see it, follow me~”

She led the redhead the short way from the shop proper down a few steps and through some beaded curtains into the apothecary. It was a little brighter in here, the great big cauldron clearly visible in the center of the room, while the shelves and bins pushed off to the sides were stocked full of leafy plants. It looked like a proper witch’s workshop, in Sin Claire’s mind at least. She couldn’t be prouder of it.

”This is where all the magic happens! At least,” she began, setting the candelabra down. ”Where it’s supposed to be happening….It’s a work in progress, to say the least. But we’re getting somewhere, and that’s what counts. Did you wanna give it a try, or just here to shop?”
pm--
^
kylia
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 03:31 AM
quote--

Medium Milk

Donate

”Yes yes, it is!” Sin Claire nodded enthusiastically. ”You must come see it, follow me~”

They went down some stairs, and through some pretty beaded curtains and into a rather large room. It was a little brighter in here and as Shae's eyes adjusted, she noticed there was a huge, bubbling cauldron that dominated the center of the room, steam eminating from it in silvery, whispy curls of smoke. There were shelves and barrel bins up against the walls, and she noticed there were herbs and plants of all descriptions in them, to be used to make all kinds of potions and things, Shae was sure. It was really very impressive!

"This is where all the magic happens!" Sin Claire gestured with both hands, her candelabra raised, pride oozing from every pore, then paused and looking a bit chagrined, continued, "At least," she sat down her candelabra, "where it's supposed to be happening...It's a work in progress,  to say the least," Sin Claire paused again, sighed, and then, "but we’re getting somewhere, and that’s what counts." She motioned towards the cauldron, "Did you wanna give it a try, or just here to shop?”

Shae gasped, "You...you let others use the cauldron?" She moved closer to it, feeling the steamy heat on her face as she looked down into its bubbling brew, excited by the prospect, then turned away, reluctantly, "But, isn't it especially attuned to you?....Um, well, that's what I've read about cauldrons anyway...not that I know everything about it, of course...".

Shae looked away, blushing. She had actually read a lot about witchcraft and potions at one point in her herbology and potion studies, though she hardly ever spoke of it, mostly because the Sisters would've frowned on her having that kind of knowledge. They'd made it seem so bad, but to Shae's mind, witchcraft, if used to 'cause no harm', just seemed to be another train of thought to provide help to those seeking it. She'd kept that to herself, though, when in Wyldewelle,  it was just easier, but now she felt a growing curiosity, she had to admit. Then, she remembered why she'd come.

"Another time, for sure!" she smiled, and then, switching gears, continued on "Actually, I've come today to ask if you sell on commission? I'd like to see about selling my skincare products and maybe some tea blends on commission here in town until I'm able to get my own apothecary up and going. I've brought samples," Shae smiled, gesturing towards a pretty basket on her arm, "Do you do anything like that?"

@CrumbleCakes
pm--email--
^
CrumbleCakes
 Posted: Jul 10 2017, 06:14 PM
quote--

Donate

@kylia
------

Attunded to her? What did she....Ooohhh, okay! Sin Claire only wished it was magical enough for that. Nnnnnooooot that she would say that out louuuuuuud, but her cauldron had never really been all that signficant befooore. Heck, it was always around for decoration maybe, and perhaps making soup enough to last her a few weeks cause to hell with cooking but....Ahhhh Shae didn't need to know that. Wasn't good for business, so it wasn't on a need to know basis.

But in the end, Shae declined the offer, instead asking about comissions instead. Sin Claire didn't know much about skincare and other beatuy products in terms of sales, but it did reassure her that she and She wouldn't be huge business rivals in that sense.

"I take comissions when asked," Sin Claire started to explain. "Custom items not found here in the store, of course. If that's what you're thinking of doing as well, I'd reccomend it! You'd definitely pull in a better profit that way by catering to specific customer requests. Plus, and I'm not saying you should go overboard with it, but you caaaaan work out better, individual prices, higher ones at that than with whatever you're selling off the shelf. You know, time and labor and all that. At least it's how I do it, anyway."

She pasued, catching her breath, then asked, "What do you make your products with exactly? Local herbs and such I'm guessing? Do...Do they work well? I've only ever bought whatever they have right at the store, but I'd love to try some of yours, see the difference and all."
pm--
^
kylia
 Posted: Jul 13 2017, 01:45 PM
quote--

Medium Milk

Donate

"I take comissions when asked," Sin Claire responded to Shae's question, and then went on to explain, "Custom items not found here in the store, of course," she paused, then, "If that's what you're thinking of doing as well, I'd recommend it!"

"Oh definitely!" Shae nodded enthusiastically, "Making customized items is an integral part of my business plan, though I do have a basic line of skincare that works with most anyone's skin type, and from there, there are special add ons, and replacements for more specific skin issues. I don't think though," she paused, recalling the tonics and elixers she'd seen in Sin Claire’s storefront, then continued on, "based on what I saw upstairs, that we'll be doing many similar products, so that works out well. That's one amazing thing about herbs. They are used for benefit in so many different ways, the preparations are almost endless!" Shae's arms opened wide, as though to illustrate her point.

Sin Claire, also excited by the topic, hurried on, further clarifying her previous point, "You'd definitely pull in a better profit that way by catering to specific customer requests. Plus, and I'm not saying you should go overboard with it," she cautioned, "but you caaaaan work out better individual prices, higher ones at that, than with whatever you're selling off the shelf. You know, time and labor and all that. At least, it's how I do it, anyway."

Shae really liked how she and Sin Claire seemed to flow along similar trains of thought, and as she listened to her, the beginning of an idea began to form in her mind. She quickly decided she would sit on it for the meanwhile, though, and see how things went along first.

"Oh, I absolutely agree with you! Formulating a customized item for someone's specific needs certainly requires more investment. I have to also usually buy, grow or make herbs and oils and other ingredients outside of my regular supplies, and of course, even before that, there is the research time, and learning more in depth about the client's allergies, preferences, experiences etc." Shae continued, "Sometimes customers don't initially understand why there is a higher price associated with customized formulas, so I like to make them a 'partner' in the process as much as I can, too. I've found that if I keep the processes involved as transparent as I can, they usually have no problem paying a higher price." 

Sin Claire, taking in everything Shae had said, hesitated and then tenatively asked, "What do you make your products with exactly? Local herbs and such I'm guessing?"

"Well, yes, I do collect some locally and grow others, but often, I will use trusted suppliers, too, especially for herbs and oils that are indigenous to other parts of the world, like...hmm..." Shae thought for a moment, then her eyes lit up, "...well, shae butter is a good example!" She smiled, "While we share the same name, shae butter is actually an exotic oil that comes from a tree nut that is indigenous to Kinshasa! So, I go through a fair trade merchant collective of lady herbalists located in Kinshasa to get it. It's very expensive but it works to protect dry skin so effectively, and without a greasy residue, that I feel it's well worth the price."

"Do...Do they work well?" Sin Claire asked, very curious to try some, "I've only ever bought whatever they have right at the store, but I'd love to try some of yours, see the difference and all..."

Shae walked over to a nearby table and set the basket she'd been holding down, then, carefully rummaging through the products inside, chose a cobalt blue bottle with a pump top and turned to Sin Claire, smiling, "Here, try this hand lotion," she said, and confidently taking hold of her friend's hand, she pumped exactly one squirt of the lotion into her palm, "and tell me what you think?"

@CrumbleCakes
pm--email--
^
CrumbleCakes
 Posted: Jul 15 2017, 02:58 AM
quote--

Donate

@kylia
------

It felt so, so, soooooo nice getting to talk stock and shop with someone who well, understood business! She wasn't doing all this for funsies after all, this was very much a real job for Sin Claire, one that payed the bills, put bread on the table, all that good stuff. It felt like a lot of people didn't seem to fully grasp that, but Shae here was like a breath of fresh air.

"Here, try this hand lotion," Shae offered at Sin Claire's query about her lotion. The redhead dug into her basket and pulled the bottle out moments later. "...And tell me what you thinnk?"

Sin Claire accepted it, popping the cap open and giving it a curious sniff. Then she flipped it upside down to squeeze out just a bit of the lotion onto the back of her hand. She capped the bottle by pressing it into her other arm, then tossed it back at Shae and rubbed her hands together. And ooooh, it felt so lovely! Her hands felt very smooth afterwards, but not too slick either.

'Oooh yes, definitely get some custom orders on these," Sin Claire nodded approvingly. "Really target those health nuts, they'll go gaga over this stuff. I think you could really carve out a niche market in town with stuff like this, and expand from there of course. And you know, whatever else you wanna do. I think it's worth a try at the very least. You'll find me in your store for more, I guerentee that."
pm--
^
kylia
 Posted: Jul 15 2017, 08:16 PM
quote--

Medium Milk

Donate

"Oooh yes, definitely get some custom orders on these," Sin Claire sighed happily, as she rubbed in the lotion between her palms, then smoothed it over the backs of her hands and around each finger, as it soaked in quickly, leaving her skin refreshed and soft, but with no greasy residue. 

"You could really target those health nuts, they'll go gaga over this stuff!" Sin Claire thought carefully, then continued, "I think you could really carve out a niche market in town with stuff like this," she paused as she sniffed her hands, enjoying the light, fresh fragrance that Shae had deftly created using a combination of essential oils,"and expand from there of course."

Shae, who had been watching expectantly, was satisfied to see that her friend seemed to like her lotion. It had not only shae butter, but several other natural oils, and several herbs and essential oils, too. It had taken her a while to create this hand cream, as she wanted something that would really handle even the driest skin, but yet not leave a greasy feeling. 

It was so nice, she realized, to have someone to talk to about this! Aside from Kitten, who was also in the trade, or at least similar to what she did, there really was no one else in Shae's life, close by, with which to share this part of herself and she suddenly realized how much she missed the sisterly community back home at the Abbey. Shae then became aware Sin Claire had still been talking, and hoped sincerely she hadn't missed anything,"...and you know, whatever else you wanna do. I think it's worth a try at the very least. You'll find me in your store for more, I guarantee that!" she said, running the back of one hand over the side of her cheek, smiling at the feeling of soft skin again.

"Absolutely!" Shae agreed enthusiastically "That's exactly what I hoped you would think about it! Here..." Shae replaced the bottle into the basket and slid it over towards her friend, "Please, try all the products and let me know what you think of each of them? I've included the basic facial skincare," she pointed to three bottles, labeled 'Facial Cleanser','Facial Toner', and 'Facial Moisturizer', then she went on, "and the hand lotion, of course," gesturing at the bottle she'd just put back, "a lip balm," pointing to a small, round, lidded tin box, "Oh! And there's a bar soap and body lotion that coordinates with the hand lotion you just tried. All three have the same scent!"

"Annnd!" Shae turned to face Sin Claire again, smiling, "If you have any special needs, like if you need, say, something for acne, or red skin, or any particular skin condition, just stop by the farm and I'll set to work to customize a product to fit whatever your needs are!" 

She paused briefly and then continued, "Thank you so much, Sin Claire, for allowing me to sell my products through your wonderful apothecary," gesturing with her hands to encompass the whole of Docta Froca's, "I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!" She paused, then, "And I want you to know, I've never viewed you as competition, but as a colleague. We have two totally different styles," she motioned toward the couldron, "and yet, I think we both have a similar goal, to heal what ails." 

Shae put out her hand to shake Sin Claire's, "Here's to the start of a successful venture, my friend!" 
pm--email--
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options replynew topic

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
GOSSAMER Fiore Town RPG-Directory Aspen Valley 

toggle c-box