Maple's Landing - A Harvest Moon RP -> River's Plotter

• WELCOME
  • EVENTS
  • STAFF
  • CREDITS
Years ago, the tiny town of Maple’s Landing was an amazing sight. Bustling with activity, it seemed as though the land had received the Harvest Queen’s blessed touch; and it had.

Blissful life took a turn for the worse over a decade ago, when a great Calamity touched the land. Horrified by the events, the people rebuffed their Queen. Saddened by her people's snubbing, she put herself into a deep sleep and the land withered. Now, the town is tasked with saving their homeland before it's too late.

Join the townspeople in their arduous task and enjoy life in the meantime, form bonds, find love and live!

NOTE: If you are advertising an OPEN THREAD, type "OT"
REGISTER your site handle, thank you!

FESTIVALS & EVENTS

SPR. 7[10/13] | Fox Hunt
The ultimate whodunit! This year it's a little different and pretty spooky! Can the Fox Spirit be found before time's up?!

SPR. 12 [10/23] | Harmony Day
Love is in the aaaair~ 🎵 Get together with your sweetheart and spend a romantic evening together! If you're single though... well, maybe one of the bars will have a single mingle to meet someone at. ;)

Skin: toadstools, with input from all of staff!
Graphics: DayDreamer, Mona, & Half Alive Ice
We do not own Harvest Moon, Ranch Story or Story of Seasons - credit belongs to Marvelous, Natsume, & xSeed.
CAMP FOXTAIL : YEAR NINE

replynew topicnew poll

River's Plotter, oh no what am i doing
Dusty
 Posted: Jun 22 2017, 03:21 PM
quote--

Small Milk

Group: Turnip
Gold: 1045
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 88

Rep: 5 pts

Awards: 4

Hi guys! So, some of you might know me (from long ago, or as 'that weird dude who pops into the c-box every few weeks to make bad jokes", either or), but for those that don't: I'm Dusty, a garbage writer with garbage ideas who in general enjoys garbage things – you should plot with me!

Character Name: River Gwinn

A brief description:
        River isn't a recluse by any means, but he can be difficult to get ahold of as he's not one to go out of his way to be social; A well-adjusted hermit, if you will. A self-assured 'regular guy', he tends towards understated qualities, and though past his days of boisterous youth, some part of him still yearns for adrenaline and adventure of all kinds. He possesses a irreverent and roguish humor which can offend those with more professional dispositions, and an at-times blatant disregard for formalities and most authority (though he's not big on making a scene either). Though occasionally he aims to act selflessly, he's far from infallible: when it comes down to it, River puts “me and mine” first.

What they need:
        Pretty much anything! I don't really see slating him for ~true love~ working out, but I'd think friends, enemies, rivals (over what, I dunno yet), short flings, and so on along those lines could go well. If you happen to have an impudent youth looking for a pseudo-mentor in general mechanics/fixing stuff, that could be neat too! In the future, when his plane is running again, I could totally see some sorta interaction in transporting goods, mail, maybe even people as well (though, it's only a two-seater).

Their Current Goal, and, Thread Ideas:
        At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, River's pretty (quietly) fanatical about flying, and would love to get his plane shipshape again. Currently, I haven't decided whether it's at the bottom of a lake, in the middle of a forest, or rusting in a barn, but either way I'd like for that to be a drawn-out goal, rather than something done over a weekend, and I certainly don't mind it becoming a group effort – the more the merrier!

I also kinda want to play up the explorer/traveler aspect of it? In my head, River's one of those weirdos who seems to have a story about every nook and cranny of the world, and I'd really like to continue that with Maple's Landing, so I'm on the lookout for something that would really stick in his mind. That sounds like I'm asking WAY more than I intend, but really I just mean something truly memorable in some way, eg: the time when Phinae appeared at the tree (although obviously that's staff biz). Something like shooting the moon with another traveled person might also be a fun direction, or even someone who is just interest in the world.

Since River works as a general sorta fixer guy (originally I wrote him as an auto mechanic, but I figure a more broad generalization of 'handyman' might make him more available), that sort of business might help as a springboard to more interaction, or at least as something to suss out plotting. I know that's kind of a painfully generic prompt, but it could still work!

For something else with potential, River doesn't believe in the goddesses, or really magic, at all (though he's not vocal or disdainful about it), so if you want to try to break that misconception, feel free!

Aaaanyhow, I haven't roleplayed in years, and even that was a short stint that I'm not proud of. I'm a little rusty, and if I haven't listed something you thought of, I'm totally amenable to anything you can throw at him! You can reach me here, or over PM, ooor the c-box, or even Skype if you'd like (duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuustin I think. There's 27 'u's, if that helps).
pm--email--
^
CrumbleCakes
 Posted: Jun 22 2017, 03:33 PM
quote--

Nothing is true, everything is permitted

Group: Moderator
Gold: 34730

Donate
Member No.: 108

Rep: 134 pts

Awards: 61

the garbage man from the garbage can. hey bro~

AKI + River: HELLO, HERE IS YOUR IMPUDENT YOUTH! Aki is also a budding inventor type, lover of the sciences and all that. And def in need of a psuedo-mentor. Pls take him, he's smol and cute and a butthead but he's eager to learn and grow!

MILES + River: So Miles is an avid fan of planes and flying, even with the pipe dream of getting his own pilots license one day. So he'd be just OVER THE MOON knowing someone with an actual plane was right here in Maple's Landing. Miles is also pretty well traveled himself, and I'm sure he and River could have a good time gabbing away about their past adventures.

VIC + River: You know my man Vic! He's a self-employed handymans of sorts right now as it is, also a big traveler in his past, and well, if River wants some REALLY CRAZY stories, Vic's his guy~
pm--
^
Colette
 Posted: Jun 22 2017, 04:53 PM
quote--

ferocious tongue play

Group: Pineapple
Gold: 20410

Donate
Member No.: 338

Rep: 61 pts

Awards: 41

Heya, dude! Seen you around the c-box before, good to see you makin' a comeback. :D

JANE & RIVER
Jane's just about the best thing I can throw your way. She's a former roamer turned resident hairdresser, and has had just about every menial odd job in the book. Originally from out west, she traveled around in her early twenties, never quite satisfied where she ended up, which sounds pretty similar to River's restless tendencies. Aside from a few seasons out of town here and there, though, she's made the Landing her home. I'm sure that if they met and got to talking, they would have plenty of stories to shoot the breeze over!

Feel free to peruse the other kiddos in my sig (I just didn't have any other ideas at the time, haha), and let me know if you have any other ideas/questions! I'm usually best found over PM or Skype.
pm--
^
Periwinkle
 Posted: Jun 23 2017, 11:01 AM
quote--

Large Milk

Group: Tomato
Gold: 8905

Donate
Member No.: 9

Rep: 54 pts

Awards: 21

Yaaas, River's plot page!

For now, I just have Winnie. While she's not impudent, she is a confused youth, and one with lots of disposable income and time on her hands. She's in need of both a sense of purpose and various home repairs after years away. I'm not sure how it would shake out, but I think their dynamic could be interesting!
pm--
^
Dusty
 Posted: Jun 24 2017, 02:09 AM
quote--

Small Milk

Group: Turnip
Gold: 1045

Donate
Member No.: 88

Rep: 5 pts

Awards: 4

Oh look, I'm super slow to reply as always :b but hooray, plot stuff! I'm kinda new to this sorta thing, so please bear with me buuut I'm pretty stoked regardless!

Aki & River:
Since River is more of a street smart/learned through experience type of guy, I think it'd be kinda hilarious if the two of them had occasional 'face-offs' in a "is this twelve year old child really lecturing me on this wait crap he's right" way. I don't know exaaactly how like, genius-tier intellect Aki is, but I'm getting Freak the Mighty type feels when it comes to his inventing and stuff, were he to need a machinist/someone to (possibly begrudgingly?) help him actually build the stuff.

Miles & River:
Ooh, fellow plane dude guy! Miles actually reminds me a lot of River since, though he's simmered down a lot, they're both (I think) very laid back yet adventurous souls craving excitement that don't seem to grasp the concept of 'think first'. SO if you wanna run them through the ringer with some thrilling shenanigans that sounds pretty great! Like Pinky and the Brain, except.. they're both Pinky. And slightly less villainous. And possibly not actually insane, but honestly, who could really tell?

Vic & River:
HANDYMAN FACE-OFF AT HIGH NOON
..just kidding!
But daang, I like how all over the place you are with the age of your characters, hella variety. Sounds like it's time for an OLD MAN CLUB (except like one of them is a faker). They're kinda on opposite sides of the spectrum in that Vic seems much more boldly self-confident, whereas River is kind of 'go along to get along', but if he (you?) wants someone to share stories with and occasionally get humorous age-related sassing from, River'll do! I haven't yet written anything of the essentials like the garage, but when I eventually get around to that (hooo boy am I slow) we should totally get on this.

Jane & River:
Jane actually sounds a lot like a kindred spirit, too, except muuch more grounded than River. Is she sorta spreading roots more and more as time goes on? If so, I think it could be kinda fun for that friendly push-pull dynamic just to have them interact at this different stage of life - Jane putting down anchors with her business, and River still very much eager to travel and wander - idk I'm doing a really bad job at wording it but also I'm almost tempted to walk River through her salon all ignorant-like and "hair is hair whadd'ya mean I'm in the wrong place." I'm struggling a bit to think of a how, but I do want these two to meet eventually!

Winnie & River:
I think River would gladly take her money for his own selfish designs if he thought he could get away with it - not maliciously of course (can that be done in a not-malicious manner?) but just enough for what he needs. I think it'd be fun to explore that sibling-you-never-had type friendship in which River mostly just 'puts up' with her company (even if internally he doesn't mind her) while she pays slightly inflated bills for repair work -- because Winnie has never had an issue with shady business practices in her life, riiight? Who knows, maybe she finally blows her top from it all and just melts down.
pm--email--
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options replynew topicnew poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
GOSSAMER Fiore Town RPG-Directory Aspen Valley 

toggle c-box